Full belt mall | One craft / s

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
_Bon_Bon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Full belt mall | One craft / s

Post by _Bon_Bon »

So I've been trying to make a nice and compact belt setup for a while now, and I finally got something good working!

Dimensions: 12x17
It takes gears, two iron belts for the yellows, and a half green, half red circuit belt on the right.
It's fully "growable", meaning all belt versions can be automated using only that belt (yellows, with yellows, reds with reds etc.) and next builds can just be pasted over!
Just remove all electric poles and iron chests when moving from one stage to another.

All stages in a handy book:

Stage one
Stage two
Stage three
Stage four aka. beacons and modules

A gear setup I use (for now), in case you're looking for that one too:

Feedback is welcome, but please don't tell me I've made a stupid mistake somewhere that breaks the whole thing, I've spent hours on different belt setups and I really want this to work ;D
Last edited by _Bon_Bon on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sniderthanyou
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Full belt setup | All stages in a book

Post by sniderthanyou »

I like 'growable' malls. This is really neat, and I never would have thought to do it this way. Thank you for sharing!

Also, I see in your gear blueprint that you're drawing from one iron belt, and supplying two gear belts. Since one gear is made from two iron plates, you'd probably be better off reversing all the inserters, and making the outer belts hold iron plates, and the center belt carry the gears :)

_Bon_Bon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Full belt mall | One craft / s

Post by _Bon_Bon »

I made some fixes to the blueprints:
- Outputs are now marked by iron chests
- Added some missing entities
- Removed obsolete beacons
- Made ratios perfect(-ish)((see Belt_4))

WarpZone
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WarpZone »

While I love how compact this is, I'll probably keep using Katherine of Sky's version since it lets you drop stacks of old belts into chests to be upgraded, a must when replacing vast swaths of mainbus mid-game.
Last edited by WarpZone on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

_Bon_Bon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _Bon_Bon »

WarpZone wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:52 pm
While I love how compact this is, I'll probably keep using Katherine of Sky's version since it lets you drop stacks of old belts into chests to be upgraded, a must when replacing wast swaths of mainbus mid-game.
Yeah, I agree. I was much more concerned with compactness and late-game production, rather than recycling.
Yellow belts can be dropped in, as they already have a chest in the middle of the build, but for reds, you would have to temporarily replace the double red inserters with a chest and a fast inserter. It would work, but isn't really that intuitive :D

adam_bise
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by adam_bise »

Suggestion..

Place buffer chests between each color with requests set to fill. Upgraded belts will then be consumed over time, and then you can also use / request previous color belts.

Otherwise, the design is nice.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”