Inline 4-lane splitter-based filter with no backing up.

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Inline 4-lane splitter-based filter with no backing up.

Post by McDuff »

So, in case you have a design with multiple arbitrary items going down the same 4 lane bus, allow me to present a full-throughput compact filter using the new splitter mechanics.

[edited because as soon as I posted this I saw that it was using too many splitters and could be made simpler)
splitfilter 1.PNG
splitfilter 1.PNG (609.49 KiB) Viewed 4994 times
splitfilter 2.PNG
splitfilter 2.PNG (442.65 KiB) Viewed 4994 times
splitfilter 3.PNG
splitfilter 3.PNG (482.59 KiB) Viewed 4994 times
Capable of dealing with 4 full belts of what you want, 4 full belts of what you don't want, and any mix in between, without any stuttering or backing up of lanes.

Shaun_das_Schaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Inline 4-lane splitter-based filter with no backing up.

Post by Shaun_das_Schaf »

I don't understand why you would need 6 splitters for 4 belts. You actually only need 4. One splitter for each input and two outputs.
Have a look at my design: Filter-/Excess Splitters

It uses only one splitter per belt. Of course my design is throughput limited because I merge some of the output belts, but you can easily change it to a throughput unlimited design by removing the merging splitters.

McDuff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by McDuff »

Yeah, that would be simpler! Oh well. I guess I went for the complicated answer first.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Remove the bottom most splitters. Move top row of splitters up one tile and add underground belts to the splitters before it for the unfiltered output. Put underground belts on the two middle lanes instead of the two lanes crossing. Saves you 2 needless splitters and is more compact.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”