[0.17.x]Free Combination railway system

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.x]Free Combination railway system

Post by daifeiya »

20190412221727.png
20190412221727.png (87.33 KiB) Viewed 5249 times
20190417094801.png
20190417094801.png (3.18 MiB) Viewed 5053 times

Last edited by daifeiya on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.x]Free Combination railway system

Post by daifeiya »

Please help test the train throughput of the whole module, just use the best of the 1+4

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Cool simple set, i think i will grab these for testing purposes (a good starter for hex grids:D). But i think i will remove alot of the turn-around corners, since the grid has plenty of option to turn around reducing some of the crossing tracks will probabily increase the troughput. I' m glad its equiped with signals on the outside, which is always an arguable topic.

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

T-A-R wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:32 am
Cool simple set, i think i will grab these for testing purposes (a good starter for hex grids:D). But i think i will remove alot of the turn-around corners, since the grid has plenty of option to turn around reducing some of the crossing tracks will probabily increase the troughput. I' m glad its equiped with signals on the outside, which is always an arguable topic.
"But i think i will remove alot of the turn-around corners," This turnaround road allows trains in 3 directions to turn around at the same time and will not be affected by each other.you can try it.

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

There's a huge structure inside, please visit my other post.
viewtopic.php?f=204&t=69373
Last edited by daifeiya on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Cool idea. At least it will look nicer than the standard square designs, and I like the combination of 4-lane system with 3-way junctions.

Looking at high-performing 4 way junctions, it might actually be good to allow the outer lanes to also turn right, but with a separate (buffered) track, so you can have multiple trains going right from the same direction at the same time. But that would ruin the simplicity of the design of course, and it should really be throughput tested before we get any real information...

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

vanatteveldt wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:09 pm
Cool idea. At least it will look nicer than the standard square designs, and I like the combination of 4-lane system with 3-way junctions.

Looking at high-performing 4 way junctions, it might actually be good to allow the outer lanes to also turn right, but with a separate (buffered) track, so you can have multiple trains going right from the same direction at the same time. But that would ruin the simplicity of the design of course, and it should really be throughput tested before we get any real information...
I conducted a detailed test myself and found that there would be a lot faster than a turnaround lane at the fork in the road, and that the cost would be to grow the train path, but the overall effect would be much better, and you were right.

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

T-A-R wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:32 am
I conducted a detailed test myself and found that there would be a lot faster than a turnaround lane at the fork in the road, and that the cost would be to grow the train path, but the overall effect would be much better, and you were right.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

So were we both right? :)

I don't have factorio here, but it would be wonderful to see the new design...

daifeiya
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daifeiya »

20190418082444.png
20190418082444.png (126.33 KiB) Viewed 5002 times
search in the Internet lobby "Hive-Defender" join me.

Return to “Railway Setups”