Are these signals placed correctly?

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
vinnief
Inserter
Inserter

Are these signals placed correctly?

Post by vinnief »

Did I get this right?
image.png
image.png (6.73 MiB) Viewed 1933 times

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Are these signals placed correctly?

Post by 5thHorseman »

They look good to me, though I prefer my stations to be far enough from intersections that any trains going in and out of them can get on the track fully without having to stop at a signal, like a train could in the cyan section in the upper right. A train could stop there waiting to get on the red far upper right track, blocking another train from exiting the station to go downward.

vinnief
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Are these signals placed correctly?

Post by vinnief »

Actually, the purpose of that station is to provide a pathfinding penalty, no trains stop there. That rail is a bypass which allows trains to go from the main line to the resource line, which are kept as separate rail networks. This allows the bypass if there are no alternatives but otherwise keeps through-traffic out.

The exit from the station (which is just there to act as a penalty for pathfinding) is rarely used, it is only for the case where a train schedule was manually changed and it needs to repath out of the stacker. Probably best to look at the whole thing :) Ore trains enter and exit from the top to unload, while plate trains enter and exit from the bottom to load:
image.png
image.png (4.51 MiB) Viewed 1926 times

Return to “Railway Setups”