Unloader with balanced wagons.

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
EmptyRov
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Unloader with balanced wagons.

Post by EmptyRov »

Most train unloaders only care about getting the resources evenly on the belts, but that leads to one or more wagons emptying slower than the others. Eventually that will reduce throughput by keeping the train in the station with multiple empty wagons.

This compendium of train unloaders is focused on balancing of wagons, chests, belts and lanes. There are 6 blueprints of different tiers of belt and inserters, for use throughout the game.
The belt output may may be slightly less than fully compressed, but it is steady. The content of all the chests can be read at the big electric pole.
Balanced unloaders.jpg
Balanced unloaders.jpg (553.22 KiB) Viewed 6567 times
Blueprint

accgrillo@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Unloader with balanced wagons.

Post by accgrillo@gmail.com »

I've found this other solution to unload equally from all the wagons.
I Use a circular belt around the train to unload, with some underground belts to fill both the lanes, then the inserter take the ore from there and discharge them into other underground belts that pass under the rails.
To fill these belts on both the lanes i turned some underground belts as you can see in the image.
Attachments
Clipboard Image (1).jpg
Clipboard Image (1).jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
Last edited by Kayanor on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Re-added post title.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Unloader with balanced wagons.

Post by disentius »

unload 6 blue belts compressed.PNG
unload 6 blue belts compressed.PNG (2.65 MiB) Viewed 5358 times
Here is another way.
Provided you empty the belts equally later on, its balanced, and fully compressed.
blueprint

Return to “Railway Setups”