(0.15) Fluid Wagon / Rail Tanker Station

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: (0.15) Fluid Wagon / Rail Tanker Station

Post by Shokubai »

orzelek wrote:
Shokubai wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Shokubai wrote:
Distelzombie wrote:I found that loading is quite uneven when using multiple tank wagons and having only one input. So included a fluid splitter:
I like the splitter but if you are going to have 3+ tanks there is no reason not to have 3 pumps to each wagon for faster loading. Here you have 8 tanks and 6 possible connections of which you are only using 4.
The trick is that for loading to be faster there would need to be 3rd tank next to tanker with only pump - that would need to go on other side of tracks. And might lead to even more issues with fluid balance while not making it that much faster.
Did you try to check how much faster it really gets?
From what I recall it's not that much - might be worth it if you are planning for really big throughput.
(You do realize tahts my picture ? ;)
I'm not so good at math...Id say 50%
(Yes)

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

I tested it. I remember it was not worth the cost of a pump, tank and more stuff. It is already loading in under a few seconds!
I am unloading with three pumps though... man who cares? It is so fast with two.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

Odhrean
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Odhrean »

I made Fluid Loading / Unloading Stations with 4 Tank-Trains and max. Throughput.
To Balance the Loading/Unloading Tank Buffers i added ciruit controlled pumps. It is not easy to Balance Fluids exactly but this set-up works nice imho even when its not 100% accurate.

I use this Station-Design in my LTN Station set.
I reworked it here to use the vanilla Station and it works aswell.
Unloading
Blueprint Loading
Blueprint Unloading

mrfreez82
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrfreez82 »

Total overkill but I needed it. With animation it barely takes 4 seconds to load. And an additional 60 seconds to bring station back to 100%

I'm doing this because my train takes 4 minutes to get from the loading station to the drop zone on solid fuel and I want the train to stop as little as possible.
Attachments
InkedScreenshot 2018-01-15 03.40.01_LI.jpg
InkedScreenshot 2018-01-15 03.40.01_LI.jpg (603.7 KiB) Viewed 2654 times
Screenshot 2018-01-15 03.39.34.png
Screenshot 2018-01-15 03.39.34.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 2654 times

Return to “Railway Setups”