Railroads -- Cell Factories

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
SkySo1dier
Inserter
Inserter

Railroads -- Cell Factories

Post by SkySo1dier »

Whats new guys!

Here is my set-up:

- each factory is a compartmentalized cell that connects to the network infrastructure.

Each factory has multiple stations.
Deadlock is guaranteed not to occur as long as the number of trains less or equal to: Number of Stations in a Factory + 3.
All stations of the same factory are arranged vertically so the station names do not overlap.
All factories are either storage facilities or manufacturing facilities.
All factories have a night switch as I adding power production is just too tedious of a task.
Each factory has a dedicated "parking" station as it greatly simplifies player's travel.
Each factory gets supplied by train fuel for all of its stations; trains refuel while in stations.
Each manufacturing factory has a corresponding storage facility for its output.

- rails are one-way and the trains are 2xL-6xC.

Larger trains require larger cells that no longer can be kept next to each without a large number of landfills.
My previous similar design with two-way rails proved to be inferior to the current one-way design.
1.png
1.png (298.1 KiB) Viewed 47198 times
2.png
2.png (580.95 KiB) Viewed 47198 times
3.png
3.png (4.61 MiB) Viewed 47198 times

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Railroads -- Cell Factories

Post by noliVe »

Pretty neat! ;D somehow i would love to see something like smelting era + storage or things you never need as raw material transformed directly

aka WOOD can be planks because you dont need he wood as a raw material
you never store gears....i like to know how you manage like these

keep posting good stuff!

SkySo1dier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SkySo1dier »

noliVe wrote:aka WOOD can be planks because you dont need he wood as a raw material
you never store gears....i like to know how you manage like these
Bro, thanks for the kind words!

I used to have an earlier setup using exactly the same logic -- storage for the iron sticks, raw wood, etc. was incorporated within a final product factory. The said resources never had dedicated storage areas.

In the new version i eventually fully separated the manufacturing and storage layers.

Here is the nearly empty gear storage facility. The wood storage is also nearly empty and looks pretty much exactly the same.
4.png
4.png (4.45 MiB) Viewed 47181 times

noliVe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by noliVe »

again great idea, love to see trains a lot!

But since someone like you started it i want to read more about the:

WHAT you Sort and what you not sort
And i would suggest a Digital Number on your Storage area https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZU8_chH1U

SkySo1dier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SkySo1dier »

noLive, thank you for the counter video! I was always wondering how those are made.

WIth regards to sorting -- I do not sort anything. Iron ore goes to the iron store storage and so on. No commingling of any products

^_^

PowerCheez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PowerCheez »

Really neat. I'd love to have the blueprint book for these! :P

Return to “Railway Setups”