Complete modular train system

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
DSchmidtberg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Complete modular train system

Post by DSchmidtberg »

Factorio 0.15.x 4 Lane System
4 Lane System - 1-4 Trains
4 Lane System - 1-4-1 Trains
4 Lane System - 2-6-2 Trains
4 Lane System - 2-8 Trains

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

Thanks again to LuziferSenpai for the designs and to DSchmidtberg for updating the blueprints to 15!

Elok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Elok »

All link and image are dead.

May I suggest to either remove this pinned post or update the links?

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Elok wrote:All link and image are dead.

I'm working on a new Design so ^^
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

Elok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Elok »

LuziferSenpai wrote:

Thanks, can't wait!

Could you add both image and blueprint in the post?

Drachennarr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Drachennarr »

That´s good news. I used thies books for an year or so?! ... but i must say, that the Greegoo-System is ... something. I like the design of the cells and i wanted something that has this cell-system as an basic-conzept.

since middle last year, i was experimenting with some designs and builds, but nothing that really gone be linked. Now, i´m stuck in an Deadlock and i wish that someone has an idea for an design on thats basic the cell-systems can revitaled. Since your books working for my idea of the cells, i hope that you can help me out for finding a good design.

sry for that bad english, i don´t use my English-skill really often. :oops:

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

LuziferSenpai wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:09 am

Still working on them?

rebelyrocks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rebelyrocks »

Please post the old designs if you don't plan on making the new ones! I would like to at least use the old designs as an inspiration!

LionofWISEisles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LionofWISEisles »

I was using the modular rail system v1 ignorant to the second version, then half way through my play-through I found the second version with circuit wires. I tried to use it but the two versions are out by a rail tile so incompatible. Also the first version will accommodate a 1-4-1 train and the second is more limited to a 1-4 or 2-3 I decided to spend an afternoon remaking the first version so i can keep using my existing rails and easily add in the circuit wires for an outpost system I have made. I also removed 3 of the 4 lights on every power pole as I hardly use lights anyway (night-vision is a thing) and it feels like a waste of resources. I also reworked the signals at most of the intersections to suit my tastes of shortest distance for trains to clear faster.

If anyone is interested in this remake be my guest;

https://pastebin.com/EfuPAvVu - MRS 2 lane Lion remake

https://pastebin.com/SKAsn6wY - MRS 4 lane Lion remake

I have not remade the single lane nor the depot books as I don't use single lanes and have my own depot setup.

I've also made a simple outpost reloader supplying via logistics chests and a train to a remote botnet. This will automatically call a train from a dedicated restocking depot using the O signal on the circuit network when walls, repair packs, turrets, pipes or bots are running low (<10) The train then restocks and waits for another O signal at the depot. This is designed for one train per network and all outpost stops the same name. The train is limited by filter slots and it is a dumb system, but it is a simple enough one to set up for any skill level of player. Customise your own train, add a carriage, just make sure to set a requester chest at your walls ammo point. The book for this is https://pastebin.com/DPcSv0xe

After a lot of thinking and messing I decided to not waste time and use the LTN mod for sake of ease with my bulk items. I'm sure there is probably a way to use this for restocking an outpost, but this is what I already have, so it's what I'm using. I am fairly new to the game, only say 100 hours in, so I'm still learning.

Return to “Railway Setups”