OCD-safe count-perfect smart belt mixer

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Binoculars
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: OCD-safe count-perfect smart belt mixer

Post by Binoculars »

quyxkh wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:40 pm
Binoculars wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:14 pm
is it possible to add an arithmetic combinator which divides the input by two so as not to have to divide by two when entering the constant combiner ?
Sure, but lots of recipes have ingredient counts like 3 and 5, and belts have two lanes. This is engineering-land, you're not going to get perfect. Don't get me started on the changes that have catered to the desire for simplicity and abstract purity.
Sorry. It's just that I'm a perfectionist, and everything I've tried to create a mixer with the blue conveyor belts has failed so far. I would love for it to work, and for everything to be easy to set up.

quyxkh
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by quyxkh »

Well, if you want a circuit that does that, build it. But if you want to guarantee letting exact odd item counts through you're going to have to cut your throughput down to one lane or bulk up the build dramatically to add some error correction to it.

Binoculars
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Binoculars »

I improved your basic Optymistyk idea a bit.
20210624221618_1.jpg
20210624221618_1.jpg (631.23 KiB) Viewed 1439 times

This is not totally perfect of course. For example, during the first counting, only two ingredients are present at the output.

I had previously made a multi-item mixer with a fast conveyor (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92435), and I was looking to achieve this with an express conveyor. I'm going to settle for this one because after several attempts I don't get what I want ...

Binoculars
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Binoculars »

I managed to get the counter to drop the desired number on launch.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the space between each resource on the conveyor ?

Return to “Combinator Creations”