Simple and Compact Accumulator Power Meter

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
TheRangerLOL
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Simple and Compact Accumulator Power Meter

Post by TheRangerLOL »

A quick disclaimer, I'm working with v14.23, so I can't post blueprints on here. Sorry for the inconvenience. Fortunately this one is small and easy to set up if you wanted to use it anyways.

So, I made this thing and i wanted to share it with you guys. It's just a very simple and compact Accumulator Power Meter that can be placed anywhere. It reads from 100% (Cyan) to 10% (Red) at 10% increments. There are 3 blocks of lights and each block is color customizable. When Accumulator charge reaches 0%, all lights shine Red.

Total Components:
  • 1 Accumulator (optional if signal is imported from elsewhere)
  • 1 Medium Pole
  • 10 lights
  • 4 Deciders
  • 2 Arithmetic
  • Buncha wires

Accumulator Meter.png
Accumulator Meter.png (288.49 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

The setup is pretty easy, I'll go over the programming and decider functions here.
  • White- Arithmetic: This is your input and Main Color Controller. Plug your Accumulator input into here (Default A), set to A + 0 and output whatever color signal you want your white lights to be. We'll call this the Main signal from here on.
  • Blue- Decider: This is your 100% Color controller. Input will be your Main signal. If your Main is > 99 set output to Cyan = 1.
  • Orange- Decider: This is your 10% Color Controller. Input is also your Main signal. If Main is > 10, then output Red = 1 (or whatever color you want 10% to be.
    (I had a little trouble when modifying this blueprint for shared use since I use red for two conditions. I ended up having to put in another controller here so that the 10% light could be two different colors if people wanted.))
  • Red 1- Decider: This one is your 0% detector. If Main signal = 0, then set output to 0 Signal = 1
  • Red 2- Arithmetic: This is your 0% Color Controller. Set to Each + 99, and output to Red. All lights will shine this color when Accumulators lose all charge.
  • Red 3- Decider: This is your 10% light's 0% Controller. Set to Anything > 99 set output to Everything = 1.
And that's it for the programming on the Deciders. As for the lights, set them to Anything > 10, 20, etc, in 10% increments. Set the 100% and 10% lights to Anything > 0, and don't forget to Use Colors on all of them.

Accumulator Meter Deciders.png
Accumulator Meter Deciders.png (281.76 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

To wire it all together, I'll start from the Main Color Controller (White), but you can start wherever you'd like. Remember, the input for this is whatever signal you're using for your Accumulator charge read. The output connects to the input of Red 1, and the 20% thru 90% lights. Also connect the input for the 100% and 10% color controllers (Blue and Orange), as well as the output for the 0% Color controller (Red 2).

Red 1's output will connect to the input of Red 2, and the output of Red 2 will go to a few different places. Remember to connect the output of Red 2 to the Main signal on a red wire, but also connect Red 2's output on a green wire down to Red 3's input, and the 100% light (or the output of the 100% controller). Meanwhile, the output of Orange and Red 3 both connect to the 10% light. (Take note that the Main signal does NOT connect into Red 3, only Orange.) And lastly, the 100% controller (Blue) should output into the 100% light.

Accumulator Meter Circuitry.png
Accumulator Meter Circuitry.png (269.02 KiB) Viewed 1753 times

There you go, it should all be working now. To test it, disconnect it from the main power grid and use few solar panels as your power source, and mine, replace, then reconnect the accumulator to test the 0% signal. Once everything's working as it should, reconnect main power and enjoy.

The customization of colors is fairly simple. 100% and 10% lights are controlled by the output of (Blue) and (Orange) respectively. The 0% color is controlled by (Red 2), and the rest of the lights are controlled by (White). However, once you switch the color of the Main Signal on White, you need to also change the inputs on Blue, Orange, and Red 1.

Let me know if you have any problems or just what you guys think. I know the logic could be improved a little bit, but this is fine as it is.
The one and only.

Return to “Combinator Creations”