SmartBelt Loop Factory

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
ajm.nethunt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

SmartBelt Loop Factory

Post by ajm.nethunt »

Things that must be configured on-site: constant combinators, assemblers, onto-line inserters, "requester chest" near the feeder/refeeder if you want to automatically get a user-defined number/type of items off the production loop, either as a mall or to send elsewhere.

Configurable to make pretty much anything. Obviously it's not going to scale super far (better belts, inserters, and assemblers help) - I primarily meant this as a highly-configurable automated factory that can be unlocked and blueprinted with very little research in the early game.

Sample factory:

The modular pieces in a blueprint book:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.26 MiB) Viewed 3466 times

ajm.nethunt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: SmartBelt Loop Factory

Post by ajm.nethunt »

...I'm redoing this. It's nice n cheap to make, but it's tedious and error-prone to manually set that to-belt inserter at each factory for whatever product being made there. Also I want to redo that with space for a pipe input/output from each assembler. BOY I WISH Assemblers would output a signal for the product they are making and the materials they need to make it - would make life easier for this kind of thing.

n7m6e7
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: SmartBelt Loop Factory

Post by n7m6e7 »

If I may, I was recently working on a similar idea. You dont really need to read the contents of an entire belt. Its messy as all get out, but I've gotten away with just reading the 3 belts before a given assembler. Attatch that to the output arm. Enable if given product is 0. If given material loops all the way back, then it obviously doesn't need to make another.

This makes it nice and easy to add as you go.

Also, it helps to push all items to the outer lane at one end of the loop, to keep items from backing up on the inner, which is where all your outputs go.
There are no absolutes. I live knowing I could always be wrong, but with confidence that I could also be right.

Return to “Combinator Creations”