"L" Train - "PAX" - Personal tansport system - Using gates to call the train to me.

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

"L" Train - "PAX" - Personal tansport system - Using gates to call the train to me.

Post by MassiveDynamic »

I think someone has done this before me? But I can't seem to find it. Anyway, I built a personal transport system using gates to call the train to your stop. Then you can enter the train and take it to your desired location where it will stay until called to another stop.

It's great for when you're building on one end of the base and get distracted and stray to the other farflung end of the base only to realize you left your extra supplies in the train. Just walk to the nearest stop, stand on the gate and ... a few seconds later, your train arrives ready to take you back to wherever you were when you got distracted by ... or was it that copper mine again? Anyway, I like it.

Here is my video...https://youtu.be/NiFjIswtyN0
Attachments
You can see 3 stops in the pic. With the train traveling to the stop where I'm waiting.
You can see 3 stops in the pic. With the train traveling to the stop where I'm waiting.
Screenshot (2).png (4.29 MiB) Viewed 1978 times
Last edited by MassiveDynamic on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "L" Train - "PAX" - Personal tansport system - Using gates to call the train to me.

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Return to “Combinator Creations”