Biter Attack Alarm with Combinator and Speakers

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
pato
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Biter Attack Alarm with Combinator and Speakers

Post by pato »

Hello guys,

i need your help with a super complicated combinator based Biter Alarm.
Have a look at this defence setup made for Rampant AI and Natural Evolution Enemies (attachment)
I want to make an Alarm System for Biters but i dont know how to do it.

It should work in the following way:

-Count Energy Drain for Laser Turrets
-Count Fuel Consumption for Flame Thrower Towers
-Count Ammo Consumption for Gun Turrets

-If everything is clear turn lights green
-If one condition is met give yellow warning signals (flashing on off)
-If two conditions are met give red warning signals (flashing on off) and play alarm sound
-if three conditions are met play additional alarm sound
-Yellow and red signal should be at least 5 seconds long

Lights and alarms should be flashed only where the attack is happening so it should work in segments of the wall

now comes the difficult part. How to make such a thing compact in a way that it fits inside this defence?
Is there a way to have a central computing Hub which calculates all variables and gives signals to where they are needed?

Obviously this thing is not usefull at all and completly unnessecary but i really like to play with the things factorio has to offer and make it an artwork

Please help !!111``
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (4.16 MiB) Viewed 8356 times

thedarkbunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Biter Attack Alarm with Combinator and Speakers

Post by thedarkbunny »

I'll test some of this later when I'm not at work, but here's my preliminary thoughts:
  • I'm assuming, for simplicity's sake, that the flamethrowers are always using light oil and the turrets are always using uranium ammo.
  • Ammo check on the turrets should be simple. Three combinators per segment.
  • Flamethrowers get a bit more difficult. They can't be read directly, so you'll have to measure a storage tank. With a little creativity, that should come out to one tank, one pump, and four combinators. Downside: You'll have to break up your flamethrowers so that each segment draws from its own storage tank.
  • Laser turrets... might be a problem. The only way I know of to detect a laser turret activating is to put it on an isolated power grid with an accumulator and measure how fast it drains. So you'll need a power switch, an accumulator, two electric poles, and three or four combinators per segment.
  • Light and alarm control is the simple part. Six combinators and two speakers.

thedarkbunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Biter Attack Alarm with Combinator and Speakers

Post by thedarkbunny »

Got a chance to test each of the modules. The detector on the laser turret was more complicated than expected, but it all appears to work.

Here's a blueprint of the testing setup I made. It uses a couple of Creative Mode components to provide ammo and power, but it should be pretty easy to hook up to an existing factory setup.
Blueprint String
And a flowchart of the logic behind it:
Flowchart
NOTE: Only one turret in a segment will need to be isolated. The isolated turret will power down after 15 shots or so.

Return to “Combinator Creations”