tltr why now:
I have 300h+ for factorio and only launched like 1 rocket during that whole time. Mostly because i hoped into bobs and angels soon after the first rocket. One thing i did not learn: is the magic of circuitry. I only did little things like having a back up coal supply for engines and automatic switch for staying on batteries/solar until really necessary to start burning coal. Took a break and came back to angels and bobs game with massive research needs. Well berly got green science going and the the load to craft everything automatically is so damn high. Took a day to create this small basic tileable factory and learn cool stuff.
I made it tile able and easy to expand for my self and who ever new wants to use and learn. Go easy on me. Now gonna continue that bobs angels game i started in the harsh deathworld.
- no clock timeings, it just does things when things need done
- one memory cell only
- no run away ticks for resetting things (thats part of clock systems i guess?)
- build new item? put new asemby, change the filter (more below), put in central how much of that item we need, and have storage to store it
- VANILA yam yam
- noob friendly, hooray for me
- it is rather simple but covers all big problems that could happen
- no memory reset button with vanila, there is a button mod that could acomplish this maybe (i couldent figure out how to reset on demend with out adding too many new combinators without having some signal increasing everytick or a clock.) So to reset it just remove and re-add the green wire that converts the arithmetic combinator into a memory cell, (the one with like 4 green wires in its but, very center one on right of the central tile)
- built by noob, i realy have minimul knowledge when i desided i need this, might be more fancy/easier way of doing some stuff
Central tile There is 2 constant combinators:
Left: single signal that limits how much of same item is placed on the belt from the storage. This is so the belt does not get overloaded to the point that some materials are not able to be placed on belt when you have like 20 inserters. (can also be used to hault al storage inserters that put on belt by switching this to off, handy for resetting the belt memory cell)
Right: all the things we wanna make. Make sure the assembly exists, or doesnt, doesnt matter. If assembly exists and this value is greater than 0, we will start making it.
I wanted to fit all inputs on 4 poles, and it is possible, but i also wanted to see how much items are being requested by the assembly machines with nixie tubes. So the only free green slot on top left is used for just the nixie tubes, otherwise could run the storage green wire across it that ended up at bottom center.
Assembly tile tile this left or right, only have to set up 3 things when placeing new tile:
- the combinator with materials needed to craft 1 time
- the signal filter that converts the item we wanna craft into M signal (m for make?)
- the divider arithmetic combinator, things that craft multiple items like belt/underground pipe/resistors (so for belt that we receive 2 for every craft we will change that to 2). this divider avoids having extra being built. Storage tile Pretty straight forward; the 2 decider combinators serve for 2 things:
- Top one gives the green if we need this material for assembly.
- Bottom one limits of said item on the belt, so we dontr get antire belt swarming with 4000 iron plates because we want 1000 gears for 10 different things. It prevent this sort of bottle neck. If we under the limit that is set globally in central, we green.
When placing a new tile or column/row(whatever), set the item the chest is gonna hold in the filter inserter and the combinators so we know what we comparing.
The ugly out of place second pole that is carrying just a green wire is holding all the signals that is inside the boxes, we need this. I thought about rearranging it so it would replace the nixie green wire on the very top. Maybe maybe not. Would definitely be cleaner with one less pole. Please let me know if that should be done cleaner and forget converting the nixie tube numbers from negative to positive, because that is all that it does, what a waste.
Note on nixie tubes: they link on the sides (left/right) so if gonna use them, gotta turn the storage 90 degrees. then you can have compact 2+ digit numbers.
Throughtput and thoughts
Obviosly this is not for factories making over a 100 circuits per second but it is scale able in terms of long reach inserters. Since the wireing for inserters is orginized rather neatly, should be easyly converted to use dual lanes. Since the assembly is on one side, you could have those on both sides of belt. However for starting out the storage puts the materials on one side and the assembly puts crafted items on the other side. Works well but can be extended to fancy placements.
BLUEPRINTBOOK vanila friendly, game v0.15.30
1 full thing for demo and to just see how its connected between the blueprint tiles.
1 central tile, well you not gonna use it more than once in a single belt circle, make multiple mini smart factories? cool!
1 storage tile
1 assembly tile
Code: Select all