Attempt on Kovarex Enrichment Process

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Attempt on Kovarex Enrichment Process

Post by Schorty »

Hello there,

so, here's my take on the enrichment process:

It works by storing the amount of Uranium-235 taken out of the centrifuge and triggering another combinator, to take out 1 U-235 out of the chest, using the restriction of the inserter stack size bonus. This is failsave, as long as you gather all the outgoing U-235. Even power shortage will not break the system. I could incorporate a setup to prevent jamming when outputs are full, but didn't bother atm. *Edit: Updated the blueprint for failsafe
In this image, you can see the handling of the U-238. It's important, that only the outer most belt lane is filled from outside the system. The system will use the inner most lane to put its own U-238 out. It doesn't jam the output of the centrifuge, because the long handed inserter will prioritise the inner lane first. This way it first takes the output of the centrifuge first, and then 3 U-238 from outside.
The rest of the setup is explained below.

The settings of the leftmost combinator. It simply counts the fuel, that is taken out of the centrifuge by reading the outputting inserters contents and saving the value until it reaches 41. Then it resets to 0 and the cycle begins again

This combinator puts out a signal, when the first combinator reaches 40. The outgoing signal is then used, to trigger the grabbing of a single U-235.

This combinator saves, if the inserter, which takes out U-235 fuel of the cycle, has should take one out or not (see condition in the following pictures).

Now the settings for the inserters:

The marked inserter puts out the U-235 and has its hand contents read by a combinator.

The marked inserter puts out 1 fuel, for every 41 fuel taken out of the centrifuge. Note, that the stack size bonus has to be set to 1.

You can see this information also in my imgur album.

What do you think? I guess the only downside is, that it's a bit bulky, but I didn't even try to make it more space efficient. One could argue, that its hard to incorporate beacons, but since you cant insert productivity modules into the centrifuge, you could just plunk down some more of them, to get out more U-235.

Have fun with it!

Greetings,
Schorty
Blueprint string
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Return to “Combinator Creations”