[Speaker] Create your own Music

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Speaker] Create your own Music

Post by Schorty »

Hello there!

inspired by some others, who already fiddled around with the speakers, I decided to give it a shot myself.

I've created a setup, which is pretty easy to copy sheet music with:

This represents 1 measure with 8 notes, but it can pretty easily expanded to 16, 32, etc...

Here you can see the control unit. From here you can start the music and adjust the speed at which it is played by simply editting some values in the constant combinators. I also added an optional combinator to set at which measure the song should start. This comes in handy, when creating one.

The actual notes have to be put into the measures somehow and fiddling aroung with the dropdown for the notes is tedious. So I made this:

Heres a picture of a whole song (I made tetris):

Blueprint
To make creating music easier, I made this:

Blueprint
These are the piano notes (not all of them, but quite a few). You just put down the blueprint for a single measure, go to this thing and copy the settings(shift+ right click) from the speaker, that sits in this system, where the actual notes would be. This way you dont need to scroll through the dropdown and guess which note you might want. After that, you just paste(shift + left click on the speaker) the note to the measure and boom! You are done! Well at least almost. Just a few more notes to go ;)
I didn't put in all the blueprints, because you can just create the others from the big one.

For further information on how to operate this, check out my imgur album (contains descriptions and more blueprints!): http://imgur.com/a/Fxugx

Unfortunatly I'm untalented, when it comes down to making videos. But you could use my setup and create one of your own! I'm interested in what people might come up with. Hope this might be a tool of use to you :)

What do you guys think?

Greetings,
Schorty

*Edit:

Just made Aha - Take on me:
Aha - Take on Me
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

paragith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Speaker] Create your own Music

Post by paragith »

Hey.
Can you explain how does one converts song into all there G, F, A etc?
Lets say I want to make Doom M1E1 player, where do I start?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Hi,

well, you need to know the actual notes. Just try to google for it. Maybe you could also get the midi-files and convert them somehow. I'm not so much into this stuff. Also you find quite the number of sheet music on google, so yeah :)
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Syrith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Syrith »

check out miditorio, not sure how old this is i didnt check so sorry if im resurecting something but it looked cool so thought i'd comment (your blueprint i mean)

Return to “Combinator Creations”