Train- balancing multiple bays/stations

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Zaka
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Train- balancing multiple bays/stations

Post by Zaka »

Another take on balancing mines:
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=44334

3 Oil Trains loading 200 barrels of oil from 9 oil patches:
Mine Sweeper Diagram
Waiting Bays and Mines Diagram
Blueprint String -- 1Book - 17 Blueprints
Credit to TBTerra2 for Slimline Loader:
viewtopic.php?f=194&t=43780
-Zaka

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Yea i saw your thread yesterday was about to try, but currently a little lack of time. I also noticed a flaw with mine, and i experienced it with Guu's is a deadlock.

And i have found a few other attempts at the same, one by shredguy99 on youtube, this thing is a little over the top its already funny. I havent tried that. Im not sure if this will be obsolete once 0.15 is out, cause the same will eventually be achieved with shutting down stations which they are implementing, and this either eases things up, or doesnt change a damn thing lol i dont know.

Zaka
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zaka »

aober93 wrote:Im not sure if this will be obsolete once 0.15 is out, cause the same will eventually be achieved with shutting down stations which they are implementing, and this either eases things up, or doesnt change a damn thing lol i dont know.
I don't think it becomes obsolete. I do understand that the logic will change around the train detection and station control (from a red signal to a disabled station).

Having used Smart Trains and seeing the available information, If half of it (#of engines, train cargo, etc) is available in vanilla the train detection complexity should be reduced, but the overall circuit should remain the same.

I'm looking forward to 15 to see what happens.

mrpoto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrpoto »

Import string does not seem to work in .15. Anyone else having that problem?

Azzinoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Azzinoth »

I think i have easier solutions to these problems. You can balance unloading stations in the same way as Madzuris system balances chests. Take the sum of the contents of all your stations/bays by simply wiring it up, than use a combinator to divide by the number of stations to get the average amount of resources per station. Pull that wire to each rail signal at the entrance of your bays und let the signal close if the stations own content is bigger than average.
For the loading stations you can now disable the train stops if the amount of resources is below a certain threshold, for example below your number of cargo wagons times inventory size of the wagons (2000 for ore). If you name all your loading stations the same, your trains will ignore stations on low resources and will automatically search a better loading station. Create same called train stops at your waiting bays at add them to your train schedules with conditions if cargo is bigger than zero or if 200 seconds passed. That way, they wait at your waiting bays for some time if all your mines are currently empty, as they return with empty inventory.

Return to “Combinator Creations”