HDD

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Guu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

HDD

Post by Guu »

An attempt to make a storage device that looks like a normal hard drive.
Although how the disk works, I do not know at all https://youtu.be/IiKVbhf0r74
blueprints
Attachments
hdd.jpg
hdd.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 3820 times

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: HDD

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Sorry for the late reply, but this is actually a simple memory array. Not really a HDD, but actually more of an SSHD, since it uses memory cells instead of giant, spinning, magnetically-inductive platters.
Enough about Hard Drives, let me explain how this works.
So, you have about 11-12ish individual memory cells that are connected together, and are tied to a central memory controller (the constant combinator that the player interacts with).
The first signal he uses is the green signal. This signal defines the file's name in the system, and can be set to any number within ℝ (all real numbers). It is used for quicker file access, and reading from a file name associated with multiple memory cells may result in some interesting outputs.
The next signal he uses are called "Command Signals". These signals perform specific actions to the selected memory cell when executed.
The cyan signal is a standard "write" signal. This will write any other signal(s) present into the next available memory cell with the file name provided by the green signal.
The red signal is a standard "erase" signal. This will delete any and all signal(s) present in any memory cell(s) with the file name defined by the green signal.
The black signal is a custom signal, used by the player to transfer contents of other cells to the cell array that is currently being used. It is not used commonly, and it's usage should be avoided by newer users.

Hope this helps!
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Horatio
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Horatio »

blueprint dont work

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Horatio wrote:blueprint dont work
Looking at the dates, it's probably not a 0.16 blueprint.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Guu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guu »

Return to “Combinator Creations”