CzechMate: A remote-controlled chess board

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
murms
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

CzechMate: A remote-controlled chess board

Post by murms »

This is a project I've been working on for a while. It's taken me longer than I thought it would, but I finally feel like I have something presentable.

Each square is independently controlled through one of 64 discrete signals. When a signal is received, the appropriate constant combinators are activated, displaying the appropriate chess piece.

Wackerstamfer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: CzechMate: A remote-controlled chess board

Post by Wackerstamfer »

:P awesome! how do you play it ?!?

murms
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by murms »

Right now it's controlled by some constant combinators. By changing the value of various signals, you change what each square on the chess board will display.

The next step will be to create a more elegant interface where the player simply inputs an "origin" square and a "destination" square. The logic will automatically convert the values, make sure it's a valid move, and then update the board for the player.

gepwin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gepwin »

I don't know if you have seen this thing going around https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ontroller/ could be a useful interface, turn on one combinator to indicate selection, move to select the desired square, then turn it off to switch the control to move piece.

Return to “Combinator Creations”