Virtual Pet

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
gepwin
Inserter
Inserter

Virtual Pet

Post by gepwin »

Just for fun I made a simple Virtual Pet using a light display for a face and a timer based health bar. As the timer advances the heath bar goes down and the face changes, feeding it one coal resets the timer. When your pet dies it can output a constant signal, so you could hook it up to part of your factory and have consequences for letting your pet die.
It has too many components to explain here in text, I have a video of me building it on my youtube and have included the blueprint so you can mess around with it in your own game.
Note: the timer is set to move fast for demonstration, change the timer to be longer by changing the number in the top arithmetic combinator, just make sure to also change the divisor in the bottom arithmetic combinator so that it outputs between 0 and 12 (current settings are 1200 top and /100 bottom)
Screen shots of the pet
blueprint

NorwegianBlue
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Virtual Pet

Post by NorwegianBlue »

Awesome.

But... we spent so much time wondering if we could, we didn't stop to think about whether we should...

Return to “Combinator Creations”