Belt Flow Rate Monitor

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
Silverwing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Belt Flow Rate Monitor

Post by Silverwing »

Well I will start out by saying I am brand new to this, and after much searching I found ideas similar to what I was trying to do but not exactly. In advance I give credit to anyone that sees a concept that they already have put forth, the number of threads I have read are too numerous to account for each, but I will give a big thanks to Combinator 101 as that was a huge help in getting me to an understanding of how combinators work.

So here we go, for the most part I am looking for feedback on the design of this - I think my creation is a bit complicated and concede that there must be an easier way so please advise and feel free to pick apart - that is what I need to learn.
Layout Overview
Combinator 1 and 5 are simple pulse timers counting intervals of 30 seconds input from a constant combinatory to seed the interval C
Combinator 2 gets a pulsed belt reading of the belt inventory which outputs the accumulated inventory to 3 and resets at the end of the interval
Combinator 3 outputs the total inventory for the current interval to 4 (a memory cell) and to 6 so that I can calculate the inverse of the total inventory * -1
Combinator 7 (another memory cell) holds the inverse value which is passed to 8 that will output the inverse inventory total at the end of the 30 second interval to 4 and 9
Combinator 9 is simply a reset value for the inverse inventory

The value from the belt and the inverse value are output to 4 simultaneously so the end result is that I have a constant flow rate that updates every 30 seconds and can be sent to a multiplexed circuit for monitoring from a long distance
Decider Settings
Again, please forgive the complexity of this I am sure there is a simpler way of achieving this result - but I had no luck. Your feedback is appreciated.

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Belt Flow Rate Monitor

Post by hansinator »

Here's a nice circuit from siggboy that is smaller than yours and updates constantly: viewtopic.php?t=29679#p190249
It's a real good design. It also works fine for average item density etc

Silverwing
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Belt Flow Rate Monitor

Post by Silverwing »

I guess I just didn't use the correct search terms, this is perfect and exactly what I was trying to achieve. Well my idea is obsolete, obviously, but I hope the topic helps someone down the road - thanks hansinator for the post.

Return to “Combinator Creations”