My 0.13 take on a smart furnace setup

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

My 0.13 take on a smart furnace setup

Post by terror_gnom »

Hi,

after the old builds didnt work anymore with 0.13, I decided to build one myself :)

The way to ensure Itemcount, is to limit the stack sizes of boxes. It can only switch recipes after smelting a full stack (but thats no concern in my opinion).

In a first step, I limit a requester chest to 4 slots and fill some iron ore, copper ore, stone and iron plates in it.
Then I request 50 of each per wire condition and my bobs fill it to exactly 50 ore/100 plates due to the stacklimit. The request is turned off again.

Now auto-mode is ready to start:
A Filter inserter takes out what is wanted and drops it to a wooden chest limited to 1 stack (now I think about it, that limit is unnecessary :roll: )
When the wooden chest contains 50 ore/100 iron, the filter inserter is turned off and the request is turned on again to refill.
Then the stack gets smelted and I´m ready to repeat :)

It only becomes deadlocked, when you starve on raw material or your bobs are to slow to fill the requester chest while the stack gets smelted.
smart_furnace.png
smart_furnace.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1679 times
is it tileable
lets smelt some copper
Blueprint string

Next thing I´m going to do is the controller for that beast :D Loadbalancing, preventing deadlocks due to missing resources etc :)

Return to “Combinator Creations”