Combinator Computer MK2 that does the Mandelbrot set

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combinator Computer MK2 that does the Mandelbrot set

Post by The Eriksonn »

I have made a computer in factorio that can(among other things) do the mandelbrot set.

It has 18 adresses of Ram and 38 rows of program memory(both are easily expandable)
It has 3 separate program slots so that you can make new programs without deleting old ones.
It has 2 Alus for double the speed.
It has a 21*21 pixel screen with configurable color.
It has a 9 tick clock(6Hz).

For the mandelbrot program it had 10 iterations and took 60 min to render.

The program for calculating e used 100 iterations and took about 3 min.
2016-07-09 (1).png
2016-07-09 (1).png (3.55 MiB) Viewed 4315 times
The green lights at the top next to the programs are for selecting the program.

The bottom program is the madelbrot set, the selected one in the middle is e, the top one is empty if you download the map and want to try it out yourself :)
The lonely combinator next to that is for copy/pasting if you want to clear something.
I have attached a little document that describes what all of the letters mean if you want to try(tell me if you manage to do something fun with it. :) ).

The constant combinators at the clock are in order from top to bottom: reset, Clock once(one step forward), Clock(run)

The screen shows the mandelbrot set in all its glory, the number display shows an approximation to e=2.71828...

The number display was not made by me , I cant find who did it now, but i will try and find it if anyone want to know. :|
Attachments
Mandelbrot.zip
(10.48 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
Factorio Computer.txt
(928 Bytes) Downloaded 243 times

piriform
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Combinator Computer MK2 that does the Mandelbrot set

Post by piriform »

Nice! Interesting architecture. Do you plan on posting the blueprints?

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Combinator Computer MK2 that does the Mandelbrot set

Post by The Eriksonn »

Blueprints for what exactly? The map is attached so you can go in and make blueprints of whatever you like.(i have not used the blueprint string mod that much)

Return to “Combinator Creations”