Train sorting/routing/filter

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
SackCFix
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SackCFix »

Hi Folks,

so i made a "thing" that controls the routing of Trains by their contents and is easy to setup in a Constant Combinator:
Train Sorting Station.png
Train Sorting Station.png (2.56 MiB) Viewed 1713 times

In the Screenshot you can see the Trains on the left before they passed the Station on Top. On the right they were sorted according to the Settings in the Constant Combinator. In general, this is done by reading the trains content and only allowing a single rail-signal to open up and let the train pass.

The Signals/Lanes are numbered as the yellow numbers indicate. Lane 0 is used as a overflow, for all the items that are not set in the Constant Combinator. It's also possible to give different Lanes the same number i.e. Lane 7.

The Routing can be programmed in the Constant Combinator
Constant Combinator Settings

Simplified overview on how this works:
The Controller
The Rails
The Trains

Blueprint so you can get your trains sorted and routed:
Train Sorting Blueprint.png
Train Sorting Blueprint.png (238.08 KiB) Viewed 1713 times

Notice: make sure you have your filtered-inserters installed at your unloading-sites, just saying, in the very unlikely case something goes wrong

Notes:
  • This could be much smaller if i didn't made that offset-value adjustable (completely useless, just use a fix number)
  • Lanes could also be hardcoded (instead of using Constant Combinators)
  • There are some signals that need to be tick-perfect, which adds even more combinators/complexity to this (...well i tried to get rid of them but that broke everything... again...)
  • I didn't wanted to go too deep in explaining every single combinator, but if you would like to know more specifics feel free to ask.
  • There's allready a post called "Routing of Trains by their contents", so sorry for my bad title here.
That's all, cheers!

Grambler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grambler »

Very interesting BUT I have a dumb question.
Why do you need more than 2 or 3 trains?
All in good fun
:lol: :lol:

Return to “Combinator Creations”