Combinators 101

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Combinators 101

Post by BlaatMekker »

The blueprint string is most likely based on the old mod, which is incompatible with the new in-game BP strings. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the game right now. In the mean time you could try and install the old blueprint strings mod.

Baile nam Fonn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Baile nam Fonn »

BlaatMekker wrote:The blueprint string is most likely based on the old mod, which is incompatible with the new in-game BP strings. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the game right now. In the mean time you could try and install the old blueprint strings mod.
Thanks. :)
That was my first time installing a mod for Factorio.
I won't lie: the additional Factorio-specific account registration + Steam sync was a vexing hurdle --but the mod works as advertised and served my want perfectly.
I'll be crafting a clearly labelled screenshot of the circuit in question to post here soon. :geek:

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlaatMekker »

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
BlaatMekker wrote:The blueprint string is most likely based on the old mod, which is incompatible with the new in-game BP strings. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the game right now. In the mean time you could try and install the old blueprint strings mod.
Thanks. :)
That was my first time installing a mod for Factorio.
I won't lie: the additional Factorio-specific account registration + Steam sync was a vexing hurdle --but the mod works as advertised and served my want perfectly.
I'll be crafting a clearly labelled screenshot of the circuit in question to post here soon. :geek:
Ah cool!

Could you also post an updated blueprint string from the vanilla blueprint book?

CzeJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CzeJacob »

https://imgur.com/a/eY54y
can you handle this? I do not know how to do it :ugeek:
Please consider English is not my native language. ;)

DarkMatterMatt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DarkMatterMatt »

CzeJacob wrote:https://imgur.com/a/eY54y
can you handle this? I do not know how to do it :ugeek:
If you wait a week this functionality will be added to splitters in-game. https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-225

BlaatMekker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BlaatMekker »

It's available through 0.16.17

SkiaLykos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SkiaLykos »

Has there been any looking into binary switches? Like, input use, switch activation, repeat.

AlexAegis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlexAegis »

As of now 16.51, the mentioned 1 combinator RS-Latch is not working exactly as advertised, because when feeding both R and S signals in the latch doesn't reset, and stays on. It's because when latched it feeds 2 S signals into itself, it resets when R is at least 2, but I haven't seen that written in the post.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

AlexAegis wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:39 pm
As of now 16.51, the mentioned 1 combinator RS-Latch is not working exactly as advertised, because when feeding both R and S signals in the latch doesn't reset, and stays on. It's because when latched it feeds 2 S signals into itself, it resets when R is at least 2, but I haven't seen that written in the post.
That's how a RS works.
You need a SR latch. The last letter is dominant.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Combinator Creations”