Angel's Nitrogen and Oxygen Gas balancer

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Angel's Nitrogen and Oxygen Gas balancer

Post by steinio »

Hello,

sometimes someone asks what are combinators good for, so i build also some nice little thingy.

Oxygen and Nitrogen Gas in Angel' Petrochem mod is very cheap but both gases are under some circumstances not used equally.

So i used an arithmetic combinator, which takes Nitrogen Gas times -1 and outputs the amount as Oxygen Gas.
Oxygen Gas tank and the calculated value combined over green wire controls two pumps which feed flare stacks.
If the result is smaller then -10, Nitrogen Gas is flared, if the value is larger then 10, Oxygen Gas is flared and both tanks keep nearly equalso that no chemical plant get stuck.
Picture
Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Angel's Nitrogen and Oxygen Gas balancer

Post by The Draf »

Wont this setup cause the flare stacks to trigger unnecessarily? Supposed both tanks are empty and input of oxygen is 4 and nitrogen is 6 while consumption of oxygen is 4. After 2 seconds the difference will be greater than 10 and the nitrogen flair stack will trigger even though the tank is not full.

I did another solution which only triggers if the tank is nitrogen tank is full, but that solution requires more then one combinator.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

No the Angel's recipe is 5 Oxygen to 5 Nitrogen Gas so both tanks are filled equally if empty.

It works really good sometimes as near as only one missing.

Currently I'm working on a 3 tank balancer but it seems i need a lot of combinators for each possible combination.

Greetings steinio
Attachments
Angels Air seperation.png
Angels Air seperation.png (118.12 KiB) Viewed 4357 times

View unread Posts

walljaik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by walljaik »

i just use a overflowpump connected to each flare. always at 80percent full and always equal.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

walljaik wrote:i just use a overflowpump connected to each flare. always at 80percent full and always equal.
But so the production never stops.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

The Draf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by The Draf »

steinio wrote:No the Angel's recipe is 5 Oxygen to 5 Nitrogen Gas so both tanks are filled equally if empty.

Currently I'm working on a 3 tank balancer but it seems i need a lot of combinators for each possible combination.

Greetings steinio
In the scenario I described some of the oxygen is used every tick. The net gain each second would be +6 nitro +-0 oxygen. After a couple of ticks the difference would be larger then 10 and nitrogen would start burning even though the nitrogen tank is almost empty.

If we use your scenario:
Production: +5 O / +5 N
Usage: -4 O
Net: +1 O / +5 N

time volume O / N
t0 0 / 0
t1 1 / 5
t2 2 / 10
t3 3 / 15 <---- Difference > 10 next tick we start flairing

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

The Draf wrote:
steinio wrote:No the Angel's recipe is 5 Oxygen to 5 Nitrogen Gas so both tanks are filled equally if empty.

Greetings steinio
In the scenario I described some of the oxygen is used every tick. The net gain each second would be +6 nitro +-0 oxygen. After a couple of ticks the difference would be larger then 10 and nitrogen would start burning even though the nitrogen tank is almost empty.

If we use your scenario:
Production: +5 O / +5 N
Usage: -4 O
Net: +1 O / +5 N

time volume O / N
t0 0 / 0
t1 1 / 5
t2 2 / 10
t3 3 / 15 <---- Difference > 10 next tick we start flairing
Yes you are right.
I could check if the tank is full and flaring needed but currently both gases are equalized through flaring the higher amount down to the lower amount.

Greetings steinio

View unread Posts

Return to “Combinator Creations”