[1.1] JR Mods

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JRTimm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1] JR Mods

Post by JRTimm »

Hello,
making this topic to put all my mods in one place to collect some feedback if hopefully you guys are interested in them!
My main mod is Element 84 introducing alternative, slightly cheaty ;) way of handling science and ores.

Everything is in very early stage of making, I still have little to no knowledge/skills on how to make custom graphics so unfortunately for the time being I`m forced to use vanilla machines with different properties.
But I will try to figure this out and hopefully introduce my own graphics in the future.

Pretty new to modding Factorio but I hope my little mods can give you some fun. All feedback good or bad is of course welcome! I`m trying to expand and improve my mods constantly.

I`m trying to contact few other mod makers to ask permission to include their metals/ores as a possible outcome of my production chain, hopefully they will respond.

JR Element 84:

This is a "Liquid" mod I made for my personal use, but I think You guys will have fun with it!
I present to you Element 84 - a mysterious fluid that can easily be converted into many useful things!
You can obtain Element 84 from Mineral Oil (extracted from Copper Ore).
With your tanks full of Element 84 you can choose to convert it into (Yes, you guessed it!) Liquid Science or ores like Iron, Copper, Sulfur, even Uranium.
Or simply craft it into its Solid form and use it as a long burning fuel compacted in to tasty white cubes.
The liquid form of Science allows for alternate way of storage and distribution around your base, and obviously you can craft it into science packs.
Making Liquid Science requires additional fluids and materials.
Element 84 does NOT convert into Space Science because... its Space Science.
As a bonus, you can use the Element 84 Chemical Plant to squeeze some Coal Sludge and produce Crude Oil from it! You will also need Coal Sludge to make Liquid military Science. Plant can also be use to extract early light and Heavy Oil and produce small amounts of Lubricant.

The Element 84 is heavily inspired by two mods that I've been using lately -
Liquid Ore Conversion by Cyfagy and Liquify Science and Big Lab by DellAquila –
Thank You both for the fun mods and inspiration.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jrelement84

JR Metals:

Alternative way of handling copper, iron and crafting steel.
Mod adds special electric melting furnace and molten form of copper, iron, steel. One copper/iron ore going through the process should result in 2 plates (plates are crafted in standard assembler mk2).
Steel is made by melting 5 iron plates to molten steel and crafting it in assembler mk2 (results in 2 steel plates).
As a bonus mod gives you molten form of plastic for alternative storage/transport.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jrmetals

JR Coal Fuel:
Simple mod that adds Wooden Pellet, Coal Briquettes burner fuel, Crushed Coal (intermediate product), and higher tier Enriched Coal Fuel (similar to Solid Fuel block).

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jrcoalfuel

( I will add proper changelogs txt files in the next updates, sorry for that.. )

JRTimm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1] JR Mods

Post by JRTimm »

JR Hyperium:

Hyperium, not a very friendly resource to work with, but at the end of the road you will have another way to obtain Uranium-235.

First public release.
New ore Hyperium, new tech-tree, new fuel for fast traveling, new and dangerous way of obtaining U-235 through Liquid Uranium.

To do:
- custom machine graphics (hopefully), Hyperium upgraded Factorio entities, more intermediates and by-products to improve production chain for challenging and fun gameplay.

Hyperium Ore should work on existing maps, just explore new areas to find it.
Currently not working with RSO, not tested in MP.

Any suggestions welcome. Have fun!

JRT
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jrhyperium

Last edited by JRTimm on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

JRTimm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1] JR Mods

Post by JRTimm »

JR Element 84:
-added new Element Fuel crafted from 10 solid fuel + 10 Element 84 liquid

Value = 300MJ
Acceleration multiplier = 2.2
Speed multiplier = 1.9

-increased amount of science packs needed to unlock Element technologies
---------------------
-Fixed missing productivity bonus for most recipes in all my mods.

Return to “Mods”