Topics and discussion about specific mods
Megamin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.+] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by Megamin »

@Natha

Hello, thanks for a great mod!
One thing I found questionable (like @Chess did) was heat capacity for substances. It's halved for seawater, rendering power plants taking twice as much place for the same output, and 0 for gases -- I tend to dispose unused Nitrogen from atmospheric extractors by venting thru Steam Engine, and after adding heat capacity it even became useful, producing some spare power. Of course, it shouldn't go well for explosive gases :twisted:

As for seawater itself -- I'd love to see it leaving salt in the steam engines (jamming them eventually) and water refineries, and maybe some use for that as well.

Chess
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chess »

Maybe you can change the recipe for concrete so it uses seawater instead of normal water. Quite a pain to have to clear the water just to do concrete.

Megamin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Megamin »

Chess wrote:Maybe you can change the recipe for concrete so it uses seawater instead of normal water. Quite a pain to have to clear the water just to do concrete.
After a while I found it easier just to put

Code: Select all

c.Seawater = false
in config.lua in the mod root and consider all the water lakes and ponds. Though I still think it might get interesting to clean the the ordinary water for scientific or hi-tech purposes (where you need as clean as possible), but not really seawater.

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaeon »

I must be doing something wrong, I've tried for a while now to purify seawater into water to feed my steamengines, but the output of the chem labs purifying water is below 0.2~ wherein the steamengines want 10. Is there a process I'm missing to purify water in a great enough demand to satisfy the steamengines?

Edit:
I tried to fix it myself but I'm stumped, the code says it's 1:1.

order = "a[water-purification]",
     category = "chemistry",
     ingredients = {
           {type="fluid", name="seawater", amount=1}
     },
     results = {
          {type="fluid", name="water", amount=1}
Edit #2:

Changing the values above had little effect, however I was able to sidestep it by adjusting the seawater's heat capacity to the same as water. I know I can just disable seawater but I like the effect of having to purify it for the chemical processes.

Black Mamba 666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black Mamba 666 »

ok and again, sry for bad English.
I have another Problem! I want to craft Rocketfuel! But for this you need Amonia (the first blue on the Picture). I researched the 3 Points for Chemie (The first wich give me grey-red-grey and the Researchpoint with 2 Researchlevel [first give me Methanol second give me Methylamin, Dimethylamin, Methylhydrazin and Dimethylhydrazin)
No where i can find Amonia Image
Whats wrong?
What i have to do?

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Black Mamba 666 wrote:ok and again, sry for bad English.
I have another Problem! I want to craft Rocketfuel! But for this you need Amonia (the first blue on the Picture). I researched the 3 Points for Chemie (The first wich give me grey-red-grey and the Researchpoint with 2 Researchlevel [first give me Methanol second give me Methylamin, Dimethylamin, Methylhydrazin and Dimethylhydrazin)
No where i can find Amonia Image
Whats wrong?
What i have to do?
Ammonia should be unter the chemistry subgroup in the inventory. And there is a research called nitrogen processing which enables ammonia.
What do you mean with researchpoints? If you use Dytech dynamics, I can't guarantee anything.

Black Mamba 666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black Mamba 666 »

Yes i use Dytech, and i have researcherd follow Points:
  • nitrogen-processing
    Chemistry
    advanced Chemistry 1 + 2

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaeon »

I cant, for the life of me, get these things to balance out. It seems like everything has hydrogen as a byproduct and I just cant get rid of it fast enough.

Is there a way to convert this excess hydrogen back into a liquid?

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

I made an update, wherein (almost ;)) all the suggestions and bugs are considered.
Zaeon wrote:I cant, for the life of me, get these things to balance out. It seems like everything has hydrogen as a byproduct and I just cant get rid of it fast enough.
Is there a way to convert this excess hydrogen back into a liquid?
I'm sorry that there is no solution in the update yet, but i plan to include funny stuff with explosives and hydrogen. In the meantime you can store all of you hydrogen in storage tanks. =)

Zaeon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zaeon »

Oh no worries, I figured it out. Heavy oil cracking uses hydrogen! I'm all good now. Thanks for this mod btw, it's probably my favorite.

zerotheliger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zerotheliger »

hoho wrote:
Szymcypt wrote:
hoho wrote:
Natha wrote:The util.lua isn't a file of the mod but a file of the game. You find it in Factorio/data/core/lualibs.
Oh, OK. I still wonder why doesn't light oil->petroleum gas cracking show up without using console commands to force it. According to in-game info, only bobs and this mod changes the recipe/research :\
I've got same thing with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?
I'm not quite certain what it was exactly but I think it was one (or both) of these:

/c game.local_player.force.recipes["light-oil-cracking"].enabled=true
/c game.local_player.force.reset_recipes()

I can confirm your mod does seem to disable light oil to petrol. had to force enable the recipe.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

zerotheliger wrote:
hoho wrote:
Szymcypt wrote:
hoho wrote:
Natha wrote:The util.lua isn't a file of the mod but a file of the game. You find it in Factorio/data/core/lualibs.
Oh, OK. I still wonder why doesn't light oil->petroleum gas cracking show up without using console commands to force it. According to in-game info, only bobs and this mod changes the recipe/research :\
I've got same thing with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?
I'm not quite certain what it was exactly but I think it was one (or both) of these:

/c game.local_player.force.recipes["light-oil-cracking"].enabled=true
/c game.local_player.force.reset_recipes()

I can confirm your mod does seem to disable light oil to petrol. had to force enable the recipe.
Now fixed ;)

Austin5003
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Austin5003 »

Since you have amines, can you add amine gas treating and uses for the H2S and CO2? Maybe a new sulfur source and the sabatier reaction?

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

If the goal is realistic rocket fuel you should probably consider (highly purified) Kerosene+LO2. It's much more common in launch vehicles and saner to get to. Hydrazine needs dinitrogen tetroxide (I think? NTO is the abbreviation) to actually make it to orbit, its not hot enough without it.

Sedar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedar »

Hello. I use last wersion of this mod and have a some issue, water purificaton didnot work:
picture
So obtain water is imposible. :(

psp: factorio version is 12.30 i think this is a point of problem

Oldhard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oldhard »

Hi

Sorry for my broken english.
My question is

I heave bob and N.Tech

How clean see water to make clean water, to make carbon from coal and clean water, to make pump to clean water? :/

Rwn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rwn »

Oldhard wrote:Hi

Sorry for my broken english.
My question is

I heave bob and N.Tech

How clean see water to make clean water, to make carbon from coal and clean water, to make pump to clean water? :/
You can manually craft the inserters (a few hundreds...) to make the green science packs and research several techs up to water purification.

However even then you won't be able to build basic electronic cards since it's a requirement for either chemical plant (to purify water) or pump (to make clean water - though directly making pure water through a pump in Bob's mod is a bit cheesy since you skip the purification part), and clean water is required to make carbon and thus basic electronic cards.

Use the console to put some carbon in your inventory and get unstuck; hopefully the loop will be fixed at some point...

FanaTiK
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FanaTiK »

Hi!

Sorry for my bad english.

I have a question... me and my friend play with many mod's and at final stage of a game can't make a rocket fuel becouse we can't make a Ammonia (NH3). We start test mod's and find next trouble ...

We instal N.Tech and Bob and when turn off bobplates Ammonia (NH3) is turn on....
2016-04-29_13-53-17.png
2016-04-29_13-53-17.png (950.63 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
When bobplates turn on Ammonia (NH3) is disapear.
2016-04-29_13-51-46.png
2016-04-29_13-51-46.png (1 MiB) Viewed 7108 times

Alkel U3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alkel U3 »

Hi, I encountered a problem when using this with KS Power and Homeworld at once. The combination just of either two of these is ok. Seems like Homeworld does something to concrete that N.Tech doesn't expect?

Error Util.cpp:58: Error while loading recipe prototype "concrete" (recipe): No such node (amount)
Modifications: base->homeworld->N.Tech-Chemistry

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

I have the same problem as the poster a couple of blocks up. Can't find ammonia in any of the crafting tabs. Can you point us in the right direction to fix this?

Return to “Mods”