[1.1] Looking for playtesters: Satisfactorio

Topics and discussion about specific mods
PFQNiet
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1] Looking for playtesters: Satisfactorio

Post by PFQNiet »

Hello! I have been working on an overhaul mod since September, and today I'd like to (very tentatively) put it out into the world for playtesting.

Satisfactorio: An overhaul mod that replicates Satisfactory in Factorio's engine.

Inspired by a Satisfactory mod that introduces Factorio-like elements, I decided to do the same in reverse and bring the realm of Satisfactory to Nauvis. I have gone to great lengths to reproduce the experience as faithfully as possible.

As of this post I will be streaming some gameplay of this mod: https://twitch.tv/pfq_niet

Here's a rundown of just some of the features:

Mining
- Ore patches are replaced with nodes, which appear in small clusters and provide infinite resources at a slow rate.
- Nodes can be Impure, Normal or Pure. This is represented as 100%, 200% and 400% yield respectively.
- Basic resources spawn not too far from your starting point, with more advanced materials being found further away.
- You can also find resource deposits scattered around, which can be mined for extra resources.
- At the start you will be hand-mining resources, then using a Portable Miner, and finally fully automated Miners.

Crafting
- There is no hand crafting in the traditional sense. Instead, use a Craft Bench. It must be manually attended in order to work - no automation here!
- Various crafting machines can be fed by belts. This is done by connecting the belt directly to the machine, as there are no Inserters.
- Select a building from the crafting menu, then stamp them down. So long as you have the materials in your inventory, you can place down as many as you want.
- Mine a building to retrieve its component parts.

Power
- The first tier of power is the Biomass Burner, which must be manually fed fuel to run.
- Automated power is unlocked gradually: coal, fuel and finally nuclear.
- If power demand exceeds production, you'll trigger a blackout! Either increase production or decrease consumption, then open any connected generator and reset the fuse box.

Combat
- Enemies do not spawn bases. Instead, they appear around points of interest - typically resources.
- The further out you go, the stronger the enemies you will encounter!
- Combat is mostly done with melee weapons, such as the Xeno-zapper. The Rebar Gun and Rifle are available; the former being a cheap but slow projectile, while the latter is far better but very expensive to use.
- Nobelisk Explosives are powerful enough to destroy cliffs and huge rocks!
- Your factory is indestructible. You are not!
- Your natural regeneration is very limited, and won't heal you past 30% HP. To heal faster and to a higher amount, use plants that you can harvest in the world.
- Your vehicles are indestructible. But again, you are not! If a car is attacked with you in it, you'll take damage! Even crashing into trees will hurt you. Drive safe!

Research / Progression
- Progress is made in three different places: the HUB, the M.A.M. and the Space Elevator.
- The HUB allows you to deposit items and unlock Milestones, which are the main points of progress through the game.
- The M.A.M. receives items for analysis to unlock more varied and efficient ways of running your factory.
- The Space Elevator requests items that are more complex and cannot be crafted at the Craft Bench. Successful launch of the Space Elevator unlocks additional Tiers of Milestone.

Features
- All of Satisfactory's movement options, including the Parachute, Jump Pads, Jetpack, and Hyper Tubes!
- Natural hazards, including toxic gas clouds (and the Gas Mask) and radiation (and the Hazmat Suit)
- Self-driving cars! Record a path manually, then set the car running to repeat its route automatically!
- Pets! While big biters will attack you on sight, the small ones aren't so aggressive and can be tamed!
- You can't tag the map directly, instead this is done with Beacons to mark places of interest.
- Object Scanner: find items of interest as well as your placed Beacons.
- Crash Sites, once repaired, give you a Hard Drive to analyse in the M.A.M. to unlock alternative recipes.
- Use the AWESOME Sink to get rid of any unwanted items, and receive FICSIT Coupons in return which can then be spent on things you actually want.

Compatibility
- This is an overhaul mod, and a drastic one at that. "Fundamentals" like inserters and even the Lab just aren't present in this mod. Therefore QoL mods such as Even Distribution should work just fine, but any mod that introduces technology to work will need a compatibility patch.
- Factorissimo2 is compatible!

--------

So yeah! Lots of stuff! However, I'm not releasing it on the Mod Portal just yet for a couple of reasons:

1. Bugs. I've been testing it a lot, and it seems to be quite bug-free, however it's entirely possible that stuff that was working was later broken by changes made after and I just haven't seen it. Hopefully there aren't any! But I know there's bound to be some. So that's why I'm looking for playtesters, to help find any remaining bugs!

2. Satisfactory will be releasing Update 4 in just over a month. It's expected to change a large number of things, especially late-game. I figure it's probably better to wait until Update 4 is released, implement its new stuff into my mod, and then release it. Certainly better than putting a huge mod out there only for it to potentially have breaking changes before anyone has really gotten into it!

3. Graphics. I am a programmer, not an artist. All of the graphics in the game are either vanilla graphics or just placeholder rectangles. I'm hoping that by putting this "early release" out there, someone might be inspired to help out with some actual graphics. Or not, perhaps we'll have placeholder graphics forever! Time will tell.

--------

If you're interested in trying this out, great! Just one thing first: Please only download and play this mod if you have a legally purchased copy of Satisfactory.

With that condition met, head on over to the Github release, grab the ZIP and drop it in your Mods folder. Launch the game and have fun!

I recommend the default settings - yes, including cliffs! Blowing up cliffs is half the reason for getting Nobelisks and everyone loves a good explosion ;)

Feedback is welcome both here and on the Github page, although in the case of bug reports please do open a Github issue so I can handle it more efficiently.

Okay, I think that's everything! Thank you for your interest, and Stay Effective! :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1] Looking for playtesters: Satisfactorio

Post by steinio »

Ha this was only a matter of time.
Nice move.

I'll have a look at it how you implemented stuff.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Mods”