[1.1] Nullius: A Factorio prequel

Topics and discussion about specific mods
BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1] Nullius: A Factorio prequel

Post by BlueTemplar »

Helmod v0.12.17 on Factorio v1.1.50 with the mod nullius v1.2.14 (all latest) :

Mining recipes don't allow to select the proper Factory (aka assembler, here aka drill) :

(Nullius doesn't *have* a Burner miner drill (or at least it's disabled), what it does have are multiple levels of electric miners (starting with burner drill sprites).)

Same issue happens when trying to get Air from Air filter 1, defaulting to Assembling machine 1 this time (ditto, Nullius has Small Assembler 1, Medium Assembler 1... instead, and they can't make air anyway...)

Cross-posted to the Helmod thread :
viewtopic.php?p=559173#p559173
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

The Nullius 1.4.0 release is out with a major new feature in the tech tree, a system of checkpoints that require using certain techs before advancing to more advanced techs that build on them. This breaks up a tech era into smaller parts that advance as you actually start to build your factory to use your new tech. Instead of you unlocking a new type of research pack and then researching 60 techs in a row without even looking at what they do yet.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

I check forums every few months for what I call "full" mods , like SE, Kras, bob, angel etc.
To my delight I saw your mod and downloaded it. Now 2 of us are exploring it together, thank you :D

Chlorine question, my "medium tank 1" that stores Chlorine bogs down before it is full, is that correct ?
Also is Chlorine a liquid or gas in your mod ?
I tried both the valve+chimney(gas) and Outfall(liquid) method, but nothing removes it from my tank.
(so I keep emptying Chlorine pipe system)

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

OK, found FAQ :)
Still, is Chlorine a gas or liquid in your mod ?

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

The tooltip description for each fluid says if it's a liquid or a gas. What building it can be vented in, if it can be vented, or how many processing steps are required if it can't be vented. So make sure to keep an eye on those for a lot of crucial information. If you're not seeing descriptions of stuff, then check your interface settings because it's possible to turn them off, which would be a bad idea.

The boiling point for Chlorine is -34C, so it's a gas. In addition to the tooltip saying what state of matter the material is, the iconography for liquids and solids is different, which you'll come to recognize as you play with more of them.

The reason your tank isn't getting full before backing up has to do with the pressure system. The best way to fill it up completely is by using a pump. The FAQ also discusses pressure.

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

It occurs to me that you might be thinking of the "liquid chlorine" commonly sold as a pool cleaner. That's a dilute solution of something like sodium hypochlorite in water, basically bleach. Chlorine in Nullius is just elemental Chlorine, which is a gas at room temperature. When something is a solution of something dissolved in water, its state in Nullius will be listed as "aqueous" instead of "liquid", otherwise if it has a chemical formula listed, it can be considered a relatively pure substance. Chlorine is labeled with the chemical formula cl2.

You can make liquid aqueous solutions of chlorine compounds in the form of hydrochloric acid, calcium chloride solution (which is ventable through the liquid vent, and a good way to dispose of excess), or saline or brine (aqueous sodium chloride solutions), which is where you probably got the chlorine from.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

Thanks for your reply. I asked because it wouldn't say gas or liquid on my tooltip, don't know why ?

Also both of us are having checkpoint advancement problems.
Whether we fulfill checkpoint requirements in hand or a factory we get stuck.
My friend was stuck on small furnace 1, I am stuck on Energy storage demonstration.
But we both understand it's WIP, so no probs and thanks again :)

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

OH, you mean tooltip in craft section not on the RHS of screen !!! sorted.
It says Chlorine is a gas and the dump type is neither chimney nor outfall, it is VOID+1, what is that ?
found it, ta
Anachrony wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:51 pm
It means it can’t be directly voided but is 1 processing step to turn it into something that can be voided. In this case you need to burn them first, like a diy flare stack. The tech for burning them is later in mechanical engineering. Save some room for that, but in the meantime put them in tanks and you’re unlikely to get too backed up in the time it takes before researching that.

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

dognosh wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:39 pm
My friend was stuck on small furnace 1, I am stuck on Energy storage demonstration.
The small furnace 1 checkpoint says to BUILD the furnace, not craft them. Did they place 4 of them?

The energy storage demonstration says to BUILD a surge electrolyzer and CONSUME steam. Did you do both of those things?

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

I've added an entry on checkpoints to the FAQ tab of the mod portal page. But I'd be curious to know what you were stuck on in case it was something other than produce/consume/build, so I can expand on that entry if necessary.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

Anachrony wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:21 pm
dognosh wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 8:39 pm
The small furnace 1 checkpoint says to BUILD the furnace, not craft them. Did they place 4 of them?

The energy storage demonstration says to BUILD a surge electrolyzer and CONSUME steam. Did you do both of those things?
You are quite right, we assumed build meant craft, sorry :roll:
All good :D

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

Anachrony wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:53 pm
I've added an entry on checkpoints to the FAQ tab of the mod portal page. But I'd be curious to know what you were stuck on in case it was something other than produce/consume/build, so I can expand on that entry if necessary.
we were stuck because we are idiots :shock:

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

It's still good feedback to know about. I'll mull over if there is any way to make it super clear.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

I am doing nitrogen compression checkpoint, wants me to use the compressed gas, but how ?
Venting doesn't work, and amonia, stirling engine and decompression are all locked beyond this checkpoint.

modo_lv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by modo_lv »

dognosh wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 am
I am doing nitrogen compression checkpoint, wants me to use the compressed gas, but how ?
Venting doesn't work, and amonia, stirling engine and decompression are all locked beyond this checkpoint.
Compressed gasses can be spent in turbines to generate electricity.

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

The tech that gives you compressed nitrogen is called energy storage 2, and among other things it gives you upgraded turbines.

Anachrony
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anachrony »

I'm going to change the name of the checkpoint to refer to energy storage instead of nitrogen. The actual requirement will still be the same. But the name might provide more of a clue about what you're supposed to do.

I'm also planning to change the icons for consume or build checkpoints to call more attention to the different requirements.

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

modo_lv wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:25 pm
dognosh wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 am
Compressed gasses can be spent in turbines to generate electricity.
thank you !!! :)

dognosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by dognosh »

Anachrony wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 pm
I'm going to change the name of the checkpoint to refer to energy storage instead of nitrogen. The actual requirement will still be the same. But the name might provide more of a clue about what you're supposed to do.

I'm also planning to change the icons for consume or build checkpoints to call more attention to the different requirements.
excellent !!!

TheM
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TheM »

Hi, I just got stuck at the same point for about half an hour, then luckily google lead me to this thread. FNEI is of no use here for finding out how to consume steam at this point, so maybe consider adding "Build a Backup Turbine" as a task to this checkpoint?

Thanks for all the work on this mod, so far it's very fun!

Return to “Mods”