Industrial Revolution 2 discussion

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Industrial Revolution 2 discussion

Post by Dixi »

Primary I'd like to say many thanks to Deadlock989 for this new version of IR.

New IR-2 have a lot of technology changes, compared to old IR. Initially I tried to load old IR save to continue playing it. But a lot of buildings vanished, primary - all smelters. :o After some investigation I found that lots of things changed and I will have to rebuild my old 1k SPM factory significantly. I decided to start a new one.
Steam powered factories are funny. It might look a little troublesome at start but worth playing. 8-)

It seems to me there is no flow/pressure loss in steam power pipes. So one can make them as long as he want without typical for liquid transport problems in classic pipes. Or maybe they just have good throughput and my little newbie factory not load them enough to cause noticeable loss of pressure in pipes.

Kylerh15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Industrial Revolution 2 discussion

Post by Kylerh15 »

I also would like to give a huge thanks to Deadlock989, Really im so happy that he continued development despite all the stress and criticism.
This is and always will be my favorite mod and i really hope he continues to support it in the future with fixes,balancing,expansion, ect.

I haven't got far into IR2 yet but so far im loving it just as much if not more than when i first stepped foot into IR1 back in 2019. Everything is familiar but different and more detailed, so many small changes and entire new systems introduced its honestly amazing and it is going to make playing vanilla factorio extremely hard for me after a couple play throughs of this mod. I hope for the best with future development, and if anyone is reading this and hasnt tried the mod download it asap and give it a go trust me you wont regret it.

Also if your ever reading this Deadlock989 keep up the amazing work man this mod is truly a masterpiece.

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

Another +1 here.

Really like the mod, as the first version of it. Big THX, i can only hope the mod makes you as happy as it made me. Nice xmas gift :D

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Dixi wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:07 am
Primary I'd like to say many thanks to Deadlock989 for this new version of IR.

New IR-2 have a lot of technology changes, compared to old IR. Initially I tried to load old IR save to continue playing it. But a lot of buildings vanished, primary - all smelters. :o After some investigation I found that lots of things changed and I will have to rebuild my old 1k SPM factory significantly. I decided to start a new one.
you could write a custom migration script to move the machines to new recipes, and then fix the inputs?

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm
you could write a custom migration script to move the machines to new recipes, and then fix the inputs?
If just smelters were absent I would try to do so, but since technology tree changed a lot, I decided to start a new map. Also 1k SPM at maximum (dropping to 650 SPM when something is missing) is not so big factory to try to save and rebuild it. I do agree, it might be an interesting challenge, but whole medium and high tech part of factory needed to be completely disassembled and rebuild, starting from blue pots and green chips.
In green chips design, Deadlock went more "Bob style" and now they are made of vacuum tubes and board.

I wonder more, what will await me in the future, since in IR-1 Deadlock almost always ignored "productivity=true" option in majority of his intermediate products. So I had to search for places in mod code to insert that string, and not always succeeded.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

Charcoal Kiln is getting filled up to full stack of fuel by any inserter, instead of "just a few fuel items" as usually.
This might be a bug.
I use it to convert spare wood chips from rubber production to carbon, since I see no other use for those chips, if not to burn them directly in incinerator.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Dixi wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:27 am
Charcoal Kiln is getting filled up to full stack of fuel by any inserter, instead of "just a few fuel items" as usually.
This might be a bug.
I use it to convert spare wood chips from rubber production to carbon, since I see no other use for those chips, if not to burn them directly in incinerator.
I think thats the annoying bug caused by furnace that also accepts fuel item as recipe ingredient.
Only way out of this I know is to "prime" it with different fuel type and ensure that it gets steady supply of it.

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

Is it like:
Furnace allow insertion of next reagent for smelting, but it goes to fuel slot again?

Repairmanski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Repairmanski »

I don't think the woodchips stack as kiln fuel is a problem other than being incongruous with other fuel uses. Your first hundred stoke the fire and stay in there, sorta like your first 40 uranium for kovarex. Except far less valuable.

As for chips > charcoal, it's probably only worth having that setup for the rubber byproduct processing. I believe the fuel value for wood > charcoal is the same as wood > chips > charcoal and there's no gains/losses for one versus the other.

You'll need wood for beams and chips for paper (shotgun shells) so you can let your needs there dictate how you choose to process the wood, or not.

I have a pollution versus growth problem right now so I'm using a 60 unit electric tree farm to feed charcoal to an air filter array. I'm not entirely sure about the feedback loop there, however, which would be the only reason I can see for using the charcoal as fuel in the kilns since it's 50% pollution value.

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Is anyone else far enough along to be dealing with needing astronomic levels of sulfuric acid?

What are you doing to keep up with that? Right now we're using oil -> petroleum coke (solid fuel) and just destroying it.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

I just realized why copper assemblers always sounded so damn familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoDgCF-feg

Shadow_Man
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shadow_Man »

There is localization mod for Industrial Revolution 2 on mod portal:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Industria ... guage_Pack

Everyone invited to translating :D

Dixi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dixi »

I got a problem. All mixes for alloys looks very similar.
I think their icons should be changed someway. Usually they are two components mix. Maybe it's better to use two small icons of components and some sign for mix below, around or behind them?
I mean icons should be composed similar to basic heavy and light oil cracking.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Does anyone know how to activate the Deconstruction planner in IR2?

Repairmanski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Repairmanski »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:00 pm
It doesn't behave any differently in my game. Conflicting mod perhaps?

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

I'll check. Thanks for confirming it works.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Chapeau-Claque wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:00 pm
I guess you have a fresh installation of factorio
If it works like in normal game, then the buttons should unlock with researching bots. There's also a command to unlock the buttons
Anyway, the shortcut should work already: Alt-D (or how you customized it)

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

Alt-D works but the quickbar button can't be activated. Could it be that the techs have different names in vanilla and IR2?

Anyway, I can live with no button, thanks for the assists.

Stephenishere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stephenishere »

Does anyone know how to make or find Ruby? I can't make the laser assemblers without lasers and without rubies I can't make lasers. I'm trying to make blue circuits and their components are only able to be made in laser assemblers. There's a research item once you get the next science, Chrome analysis pack, which allows the building cubic press. From what I can tell, that is able to make rubies.

I don't know, I'm lost. :*( Plz help.

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

Stephenishere wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:30 am
Does anyone know how to make or find Ruby? I can't make the laser assemblers without lasers and without rubies I can't make lasers. I'm trying to make blue circuits and their components are only able to be made in laser assemblers. There's a research item once you get the next science, Chrome analysis pack, which allows the building cubic press. From what I can tell, that is able to make rubies.

I don't know, I'm lost. :*( Plz help.
Per the reply here, you should be able to occasionally find some from mining.

Return to “Mods”