Industrial Revolution 2 (2.0.0) crashed on_player_flushed_fluid

Topics and discussion about specific mods
billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Industrial Revolution 2 (2.0.0) crashed on_player_flushed_fluid

Post by billbo99 »

Sorry I have no way to report a bug via the mod portal or PM to deadlock.

Code: Select all

14358.185 Error MainLoop.cpp:1281: Exception at tick 4281521: The mod Industrial Revolution 2 (2.0.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event IndustrialRevolution::on_player_flushed_fluid (ID 157)
...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:260: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:260: in function 'pollution_flying_text'
	...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:281: in function <...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:275>
14358.185 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Industrial Revolution 2 (2.0.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event IndustrialRevolution::on_player_flushed_fluid (ID 157)
...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:260: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:260: in function 'pollution_flying_text'
	...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:281: in function <...ustrialRevolution__/code/functions/functions-control.lua:275>"
14358.185 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:780: updateTick(4281521) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Industrial Revolution 2 (2.0.0) crashed on_player_flushed_fluid

Post by Linver »

Also did u encounter this?

- To make Laser item is needed a Ruby Item
 - (That seems is) produced by the Cubic Press
 - (But) lasers are in the among the ancestors of prerequisites of Cubic Press technology
Is there an well hidded subproduct that make Ruby, or is a tech dependecy deadlock?

Rykuta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rykuta »

The ruby creation recipe is similar in nature to the Uranium Enrichment recipe in that; it allows you to create more of something with less of something; but it is not the actual way you get Uranium 235.

Basically, the recipe lets you /duplicate/ rubies, but it is not how you get them initially.

Rubies, as well as the other varieties of gemstone are obtained from simply mining. On occasion you will spot an ore with a tiny gem.

These have a small percentage chance of mining up a gemstone along with the regular ore. This is how you get all manner of gem.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Rykuta wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:41 am
The ruby creation recipe is similar in nature to the Uranium Enrichment recipe in that; it allows you to create more of something with less of something; but it is not the actual way you get Uranium 235.

Basically, the recipe lets you /duplicate/ rubies, but it is not how you get them initially.

Rubies, as well as the other varieties of gemstone are obtained from simply mining. On occasion you will spot an ore with a tiny gem.

These have a small percentage chance of mining up a gemstone along with the regular ore. This is how you get all manner of gem.
Thanks!

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

I don't really know where to post this, (if this breaks any rules tell me and I'll delete it) but anyway, here goes:

Any idea on where to find a rubber tree in IR2 (2.0.1)? Are they tied to certain biomes? (Maybe the Alien Biomes + Alien Biomes High Resolution Textures mod is incompatible?)

Can someone share a screenshot of how these rubber trees look? I've uncovered quite some of the map but I cannot find any tree that has Rubber Wood in it.

Would there be any console command to check if my map has any of those? (To decide whether to keep on playing or regenerate another map).

Uncovered so far:

Thanks, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

belgianguy wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:05 pm
I don't really know where to post this, (if this breaks any rules tell me and I'll delete it) but anyway, here goes:

Any idea on where to find a rubber tree in IR2 (2.0.1)? Are they tied to certain biomes? (Maybe the Alien Biomes + Alien Biomes High Resolution Textures mod is incompatible?)
Look near bodies of water. They tend to grow around them. They look a bit different in map view, a bit greener than normal trees. And they look distinctive when you see them in the game, but it might not be obvious at first since there are several kinds of trees.

Anyway, if you run or drive around bodies of water, you're likely to find some if you're using normal tree spawn settings.

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

Kyralessa wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:21 pm
belgianguy wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:05 pm

Look near bodies of water. They tend to grow around them. They look a bit different in map view, a bit greener than normal trees. And they look distinctive when you see them in the game, but it might not be obvious at first since there are several kinds of trees.

Anyway, if you run or drive around bodies of water, you're likely to find some if you're using normal tree spawn settings.
Disclaimer: I am no Factorio modder nor do I have any experience programming Factorio mods or using its APIs. This is not a complaint or a request for change. It's an observation and nothing more.

Hi Kyralessa ,

Thanks for the suggestion, I went in and looked a little closer to the shores/near water terrain (as the mod code indeed also specifies them to be more likely to be near those features). Sadly I could not locate any by sight.

I dug in a little further by disabling the Alien Biomes and Alien Biomes High-Resolution mods and created a new freeplay Rail Marathon game (as is the map I was looking on before).
As the entity should exist here, I just asked the game to print out the positions of this entity of which I had found the name (grep is a powerful tool):

/c for _, entity in pairs(game.surfaces["nauvis"].find_entities_filtered{name = "ir2-rubber-tree"}) do    game.print(entity.position) end
For the newly started game, this printed a whole list of positions of this entity, so that proved that the code worked, and also showed that the entity existed in this map.

Then I reloaded the Alien Biomes and Alien Biomes High Resolution Texture mods and executed the code in the map in which I couldn't find the rubber trees.

Here no results were shown (and I double checked for typos or oddities).

From checking the logs, I can see AB is loaded after IR2. So I think IR2 first adds its own tree definition (which is partly a deepcopy of tree-09) to the default Factorio tree data and add its own IR2 autoplace logic for that tree (which is used when a map is generated to place actual instances of a tree).

However, the tree generation in AB (which is loaded after the IR2 custom tree addition was loaded) clears out any currently existing autoplace logic for any already existing tree, then AB adds its own trees and only adds autoplace logic for those. So that then means the IR2 rubber tree probably still exists as an entity, but has 'nil' as autoplace function, essentially preventing it from being used when a map is generated when AB is also active. I think that's the problem I'm running into, and which also means there is no way to add these to my already existing game.

So for now that seems to indicate that Alien Biomes is not compatible and is overwriting/discarding IR2 specific terrain data.

Still, I could be wrong, maybe I messed up something in my Factorio installation after all these years.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Maybe you explored not far enough or Alien Biomes is just not compatible. (I think I remember, that Alien Biomes makes it hard to generate that specific kind of area, where the trees can be found?)
You can try to explore further with /editor
Otherwise, you just can add your rubber trees via console.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

belgianguy wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:48 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, I went in and looked a little closer to the shores/near water terrain (as the mod code indeed also specifies them to be more likely to be near those features). Sadly I could not locate any by sight.

[...]

For the newly started game, this printed a whole list of positions of this entity, so that proved that the code worked, and also showed that the entity existed in this map.
Good detective work. It seems pretty clear that the Alien Biomes mods aren't compatible. In a game with only the Industrial Revolution 2 mod, rubber trees are very easy to find.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Kyralessa wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:44 am
belgianguy wrote:

[...]

Good detective work. It seems pretty clear that the Alien Biomes mods aren't compatible. In a game with only the Industrial Revolution 2 mod, rubber trees are very easy to find.
It does work:
image_2020-12-27_135446.png
image_2020-12-27_135446.png (732.29 KiB) Viewed 7150 times
I have IR2 and Alien Biomes + HR with default settings.
It might vary heavily with actual area you are in since trees are based on map conditions - they were really easy to find on my map in similar places as one on screenshot.

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

orzelek wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:56 pm
Kyralessa wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:44 am
belgianguy wrote:

[...]

It does work:
image_2020-12-27_135446.png

I have IR2 and Alien Biomes + HR with default settings.
It might vary heavily with actual area you are in since trees are based on map conditions - they were really easy to find on my map in similar places as one on screenshot.
Thanks for all the helpful replies!

How odd, perhaps I just got unlucky then with the RNG settings. Tried to generate a few more maps with default IR2 and AB + AB HR switched on, but the ir2-rubber-tree never exists on those maps.

I found a reference to "code.mods.mods-data-final-fixes" in "data-final-fixes.lua" in IR2, and this seems to be a section that deals with other mods, I added the following here:

-- Alien Biomes
if mods["alien-biomes"] then
  local tree = data.raw.tree["ir2-rubber-tree"]
  tree.autoplace = ... (re-adding IR2 ir2-rubber-tree autoplace code)
  data:extend({tree})
end
I also verified using below snippet that using the above change I actually see that the ir2-rubber-tree gets an autoplace function and this then also leads to it being used in map generation. The following snippet logs all trees to the log file, without above change the ir2-rubber-tree does not have an autoplace function in my Factorio data.

log( serpent.block( data.raw["tree"], {comment = false, numformat = '%1.8g' } ) )
But that doesn't explain why it is working for other people, unless Ubuntu/Steam are loading mods in a different order, or maybe it's plain old bad luck...

Anyway, thanks once again for all the help, I found a possible fix.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Alien Biomes deletes the autoplace setting for every tree in data.raw and then enables its own trees. So if it runs its initial data stage after any other mod that adds new trees, then all of those trees get disabled and never re-enabled. However if IR runs after AB, the rubber trees are added after AB's. There was a similar conflict with IR1. I couldn't remember why IR1 had a hidden dependency on AB and this is probably why.

There is a persistent myth going around that in the absence of any dependencies, mods load in alphabetical order. This is not literally true - alphabetical order is just a factor, it does not guarantee anything. For whatever reason, adding mod C to mods A and B can switch A and B's loading order even if none of them are dependent on each other and regardless of their names. The different behaviours experienced by different folks in this thread reflect that - belgianguy is unfortunately getting the short straw in this lottery while orzelek's combo of mods is putting AB first.

You can work around it by adding

"(?)alien-biomes",
to the middle of the "dependencies" list in IR's info.json file. Omit the final comma and add one to the previous line if you put it last in the list. Unfortunately this will not restore anything to chunks that have already been generated but rubber trees should start appearing in newly generated chunks.

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:39 pm
Alien Biomes deletes the autoplace setting for every tree in data.raw and then enables its own trees. So if it runs its initial data stage after any other mod that adds new trees, then all of those trees get disabled and never re-enabled. However if IR runs after AB, the rubber trees are added after AB's. There was a similar conflict with IR1. I couldn't remember why IR1 had a hidden dependency on AB and this is probably why.

There is a persistent myth going around that in the absence of any dependencies, mods load in alphabetical order. This is not literally true - alphabetical order is just a factor, it does not guarantee anything. For whatever reason, adding mod C to mods A and B can switch A and B's loading order even if none of them are dependent on each other and regardless of their names. The different behaviours experienced by different folks in this thread reflect that - belgianguy is unfortunately getting the short straw in this lottery while orzelek's combo of mods is putting AB first.

You can work around it by adding

"(?)alien-biomes",
to the middle of the "dependencies" list in IR's info.json file. Omit the final comma and add one to the previous line if you put it last in the list. Unfortunately this will not restore anything to chunks that have already been generated but rubber trees should start appearing in newly generated chunks.
Thanks for that Deadlock989, that's a prettier fix than what I came up with! :D
Big kudos for the IR2 mod btw, both gameplay and visuals are amazing and the steam piping gameplay is a very neat addition so far!
I've added the fix in info.json and will go on another exploration tour!

Thanks again!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Deadlock989 wrote:
If this is indeed true, it’s a bug isn’t it? According to the API documentation “Factorio sorts mods first by dependencies then by natural sort order”.
belgianguy wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:25 pm
and
orzelek wrote:
Can you both provide your mod list?
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

belgianguy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by belgianguy »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:36 pm
Deadlock989 wrote:
If this is indeed true, it’s a bug isn’t it? According to the API documentation “Factorio sorts mods first by dependencies then by natural sort order”.
belgianguy wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:25 pm
and
orzelek wrote:
Can you both provide your mod list?

Do note that since adding Alien Biomes as a dependency of IR2 the loading order changed. After the dependency was added, AB is loaded before IR2, while initially AB was loaded after IR2.

Before AB was a dependency:

1.386 Loading mod IndustrialRevolution 2.0.1 (data.lua)
   1.587 Loading mod Todo-List 19.0.6 (data.lua)
   1.728 Loading mod alien-biomes 0.6.3 (data.lua)
After AB was a dependency:

1.579 Loading mod alien-biomes 0.6.3 (data.lua)
   1.595 Script @__alien-biomes__/data.lua:4: Log mods once: {
  AfraidOfTheDark = "1.1.1",
  AutoDeconstruct = "0.1.21",
  FNEI = "0.4.0",
  IndustrialRevolution = "2.0.1",
  Nanobots = "3.2.14",
  ["Todo-List"] = "19.0.6",
  ["alien-biomes"] = "0.6.3",
  ["alien-biomes-hr-terrain"] = "0.6.1",
  base = "1.1.6",
  flib = "0.6.0",
  stdlib = "1.4.6"
}
   2.045 Loading mod Nanobots 3.2.14 (data.lua)
   2.285 Loading mod IndustrialRevolution 2.0.1 (data.lua)
Also note that my OS is Ubuntu Linux, which might affect file sorting/ordering vs a Microsoft Windows OS.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Linux filesystems are case sensitive and upper case characters are usually sorted before lower case. So, yeah, because alien biomes starts with a lower case "a' it will be loaded after IR which uses upper case. On windows this probably gets sorted case insensitively and so alien biomes would load first.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You are onto something with load order - and I'm on Windows.
This is my load order:

0.799 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
   0.860 Loading mod base 1.1.6 (data.lua)
   1.102 Loading mod EvoGUI 0.4.601 (data.lua)
   1.205 Loading mod FARL 4.1.2 (data.lua)
   1.316 Loading mod miniloader 1.13.0 (data.lua)
   1.423 Loading mod alien-biomes-hr-terrain 0.6.1 (data.lua)
   1.531 Loading mod Construction_Drones 0.6.11 (data.lua)
   1.641 Loading mod deadlock-beltboxes-loaders 2.4.0 (data.lua)
   1.747 Loading mod DeadlockLargerLamp 1.5.0 (data.lua)
   1.852 Loading mod even-distribution 1.0.3 (data.lua)
   1.952 Loading mod flib 0.6.0 (data.lua)
   2.051 Loading mod FNEI 0.4.0 (data.lua)
   2.151 Loading mod helmod 0.12.0 (data.lua)
   2.256 Loading mod no-drain 0.0.1 (data.lua)
   2.374 Loading mod qol_research 3.3.0 (data.lua)
   2.478 Loading mod Rampant 1.0.1 (data.lua)
   2.587 Loading mod RampantArsenal 1.0.2 (data.lua)
   2.742 Loading mod Repair_Turret 1.0.0 (data.lua)
   2.856 Loading mod rso-mod 6.2.1 (data.lua)
   2.966 Loading mod VehicleSnap 1.18.4 (data.lua)
   3.078 Loading mod alien-biomes 0.6.3 (data.lua)
   3.412 Loading mod IndustrialRevolution 2.0.1 (data.lua)
   3.658 Loading mod ModuleInserter 5.2.2 (data.lua)
   3.867 Loading mod IndustrialRevolutionStacking 1.0.0 (data.lua)
And IR is after alien biomes. It is possible that fact that IR has dependency on RSO made it order like that.
But why alien-biomes would be so late... I have no idea. It should be after it's hr graphics that it has dependency on.

It looks like for some reason dependency is putting mods after all other mods that had no dependencies. And orders them based on natural sorting?

sorahn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sorahn »

Hi Deadlock.

We noticed that with the Transmat, once it moves you somewhere, the biters no longer attack the player.

ElektrykPL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElektrykPL »

Someone will tell you how to find copper ore with ruby? Possibly other similar?

the_potty_1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_potty_1 »

Rykuta wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:41 am

Hi

I'm 92 hours into an IR game, and I have not mined or seen a single gem anywhere.

I'm pretty sure I've got some sort of mod conflict which has deleted all gems out of all ore patches.

I was gonna bail out the game, but I experimented in the console, and the following command works:

/c game.player.insert{name="ruby-gem", count=100}

Cheers

Return to “Mods”