[0.11.19] Bulldozer MOD

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.19] Bulldozer MOD

Post by Cheata »

aRatNamedSammy wrote:i like your mod much... i just think its available a bit late.. meaning, need a tank to build it... maybe a way to build it with green circuit, but not with a tank as itself.. OR, as it have no gun, change that turret for a flame thrower (extra long range) ..like the Churchill Crocodile in WW2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rpEO3oiuos
Thanks for the suggestion

My thinking behind the current setup for this mod is that it should require the tank because its a modified tank chassis with a bulldozer blade attached. It is supposed to be a non-combat unit / utility vehicle like the trains hence the total lack of weapons.
The original purpose I had in mind was for use in ripping up long runs of rail track that were no longer needed (or misplaced, mostly using the FARL mod, in fact most of the item collection code was modified from that mod)

eventually i will probably change the design to be independent from the tank but for the time being i'm happy with the balance. If enough people think it should be adjusted i will defiantly take a serious look at it. (your thoughts please)

in the mean time ill defiantly have a think on the Chruchill Crocodile idea... maybe make the bulldozer accessible a little earlier (ie round the same time as the car) and add a crocodile later in the tree and have it require tank, bulldozer, and flamethrower research.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Cheata wrote:eventually i will probably change the design to be independent from the tank but for the time being i'm happy with the balance. If enough people think it should be adjusted i will defiantly take a serious look at it. (your thoughts please)
in the mean time ill defiantly have a think on the Chruchill Crocodile idea... maybe make the bulldozer accessible a little earlier (ie round the same time as the car) and add a crocodile later in the tree and have it require tank, bulldozer, and flamethrower research.

The current Bulldozer is based off of the Tank. Why not make a smaller one based off the Car? And then as an advancement, armed versions of both.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

Cheata wrote:in the mean time ill defiantly have a think on the Chruchill Crocodile idea... maybe make the bulldozer accessible a little earlier (ie round the same time as the car) and add a crocodile later in the tree and have it require tank, bulldozer, and flamethrower research.
this could be great :mrgreen:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

new version bulldozer1.0.5

minor bug fixes for bugs found by FishSandwich during his spotlight of this mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7wY5TAXH4

Thanks Fish for the spotlight and the bugs :D

t4nk3r4lyf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by t4nk3r4lyf »

Love the mod, makes clearing rail lines fun :P

One question/ suggestion, would it be possible to make the dozer act like a miner?

If I set the resource=false under the black list and that will work but I only get 1 coal from a pile of ~800, is there a way to increase the number picked up?

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

t4nk3r4lyf wrote:Love the mod, makes clearing rail lines fun :P

One question/ suggestion, would it be possible to make the dozer act like a miner?

If I set the resource=false under the black list and that will work but I only get 1 coal from a pile of ~800, is there a way to increase the number picked up?
to make this work the way you want you need to leave resource=true in the blacklist and call a new function from the "removeTrees" function in the bulldozer.lua file

add the following (or similar) at line 140 of the version 1.05 file (after self:blockprojectiles(pos,area))

Code: Select all

self:collectresource(pos,area)
then create a separate function similar to the following

Code: Select all

collectresource = function(self,pos, area)
   for _, entity in ipairs(game.findentitiesfiltered{area = area, type = resource}) do
      if self.settings.collect then
        --add code for collecting resources here
      else
        -- add code for destroying/not collecting resources here (or leave blank)
      end
    end
end
you will need to check each pile to determine the amount of resource in it and then add the correct amount to your inventory (self:addItemToCargo(entity.name, quantity)) then remove the pile from the map if the additemtocargo() returns true
you will also need to make sure it is not a liquid resource (oil,lava etc)

I will not be adding this feature to the bulldozer for the base game for a number of reasons including
[*] this is intended as a base deconstruction and collection mod not a resource collection mod
[*] doing so would make this mod WAY OP... who would ever need a miner again, basically it just feels too cheaty

however feel free to modify your own version if you wish.

while writing this i have however seen a possible use for this feature. I may look at adding it to the bulldozer when the endless resource mod is active thus allowing the player to remove depleted ore fields, I would be programming it to operate only when endless resource mod is active and an ore pile is at or below its "minimum" quantity. I may also let it remove deleted liquid resources (oil,lava etc) without adding them to the inventory. thoughts please

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

Cheata wrote:while writing this i have however seen a possible use for this feature. I may look at adding it to the bulldozer when the endless resource mod is active thus allowing the player to remove depleted ore fields, I would be programming it to operate only when endless resource mod is active and an ore pile is at or below its "minimum" quantity. I may also let it remove deleted liquid resources (oil,lava etc) without adding them to the inventory. thoughts please
Alien Oil

Being able to remove 'depleted' resource piles & oil wells sounds cool, but you know what would be even better? The ability to move said 'depleted' resources to a new location. Just some food for thought.

sadris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sadris »

Got the following startup error with multiplayer:

"Map doesn't contain 1 player, this function can't be used"

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

sadris wrote:Got the following startup error with multiplayer:

any further info with that error message (ie which function)?

a screenshot might be helpful :)

unfortunately bulldozer has not been optimized for multi-player yet.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

CreeperDaReeper wrote: Being able to remove 'depleted' resource piles & oil wells sounds cool
never intended to include oil wells in the resource removal.
CreeperDaReeper wrote: , but you know what would be even better? The ability to move said 'depleted' resources to a new location. Just some food for thought.
outside the scope of this mod sorry :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Cheata wrote:
sadris wrote:Got the following startup error with multiplayer:

any further info with that error message (ie which function)?

a screenshot might be helpful :)

unfortunately bulldozer has not been optimized for multi-player yet.
You have called game.player which errors out in multiplayer game. You need to iterate on game.players or just drop debug stuff to game.players[1] for example.

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

orzelek wrote:
Cheata wrote:
You have called game.player which errors out in multiplayer game. You need to iterate on game.players or just drop debug stuff to game.players[1] for example.
thank you, i suspected that this was the case.. I am going to convert the game.player calls to game.players[] but i haven't had time to work through it yet :)

Spiro20004
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Spiro20004 »

i have just tried to use this mod in a multiplayer game and it says one player only so it would be great if it could be made multiplayer compatible

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

as stated above i will get round to it eventually, However for the moment I have stopped playing factorio until .13 comes out at which time the whole mod will likely need a complete overhaul.....

sorry but until then updates will be on a if i'm really bored and can be bothered basis, I will however continue to monitor this channel :)

if anybody else feels they need to make and post changes themselves feel free to do so and ill look at including them when I next do some modding for factorio

thanks for your patience

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Cheata wrote:as stated above i will get round to it eventually, However for the moment I have stopped playing factorio until .13 comes out at which time the whole mod will likely need a complete overhaul.....

sorry but until then updates will be on a if i'm really bored and can be bothered basis, I will however continue to monitor this channel :)

if anybody else feels they need to make and post changes themselves feel free to do so and ill look at including them when I next do some modding for factorio

thanks for your patience
I just got to looking into this mod, reading to this point only to find that you stop updating and supporting the mod until 0.13 ? sorry to hear that, as I'm excited to try it out ! going to test it with 0.12.1
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

jockeril wrote:
Cheata wrote:as stated above i will get round to it eventually, However for the moment I have stopped playing factorio until .13 comes out at which time the whole mod will likely need a complete overhaul.....

thanks for your patience
I just got to looking into this mod, reading to this point only to find that you stop updating and supporting the mod until 0.13 ? sorry to hear that, as I'm excited to try it out ! going to test it with 0.12.1
my flatmate managed to get me to have a quick look at getting the collector mod working for him last night and based on what I've seen i'm sorry to say that i don't think this mod will work in 0.12 until it is updated... too many changes to the core naming conventions in factorio

Cheata
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cheata »

For those of you who cant wait till 0.13 for the bulldozer mod to be updated, hassad has produced an unofficial 0.12 compatible version

it can be found here

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 20&t=16151

:)

Return to “Mods”