[0.11.x] Y.Petremann's mods (6 mods)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Y.Petremann's mods (6 mods)

Post by enel »

Kudos, of course the question of all recent questions here as well: Is there, by chance, anything happening regarding the updated 0.13 version of Factorio? Will this receive an update too?

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

enel wrote:Kudos, of course the question of all recent questions here as well: Is there, by chance, anything happening regarding the updated 0.13 version of Factorio? Will this receive an update too?
I always have a question in my mind: how isn't this already be done!? It is so good for testing stuffs. Not only players, but modders and even the devs should benefit from this mod!
So, I'm making one based on this mod. Or, you can say, I'm updating this amazing mod. :D
(But this will be my first mod, so I can't promise when it is ready. All I can say is "soon". If other people are interested to update this mod, please do so.)

Edit: oh, just realized this thread is a group of mods. I meant the "Creative Mode" mod.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Creative mode will not receive any update since replacement mods already exist and a creative inventory has been added.

For the other mods, they should get an update (and maybe factocad will be soon released)

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

y.petremann wrote:Creative mode will not receive any update since replacement mods already exist and a creative inventory has been added.

For the other mods, they should get an update (and maybe factocad will be soon released)
Do you mean this? Based on its description, it requires you at least one item in order to duplicate it infinitely. So I think your mod is more convenient. Using the filter slot to select item is brilliant. It is very user-friendly as well compared to rk84's test mode. I just can't find any reason to not update your mod.
Don't worry, I will do the hard work this time, so you can focus on updating your other amazing mods. :D

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

Hey, thanks for reply. I'm sorry, forgot to mention I was talking about the creative mode. There's a certain convenience with that type of realization that was easy to handle and fun to use, hence I was missing something due to 0.13.

What other creative inventory do you speak of?

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

enel wrote:Hey, thanks for reply. I'm sorry, forgot to mention I was talking about the creative mode. There's a certain convenience with that type of realization that was easy to handle and fun to use, hence I was missing something due to 0.13.

If you start a sandbox game, you'll get a question about activating the creative inventory ...

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

y.petremann wrote:
enel wrote:Hey, thanks for reply. I'm sorry, forgot to mention I was talking about the creative mode. There's a certain convenience with that type of realization that was easy to handle and fun to use, hence I was missing something due to 0.13.

If you start a sandbox game, you'll get a question about activating the creative inventory ...
Oh, that's cheat mode. Free and instant hand crafting. But it is still missing the feature of unlimited resources (e.g. fill the belt with ores to test furnace setup). xD
By the way, may I know what was the function of energy sink? I see that it is an accumulator with very high input but no output. But when I put it in game, it is not absorbing energy as I expected. Other machines in the network are still functional. :shock:

enel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enel »

y.petremann wrote:

Ah I see. Well, it somewhat serves a different purpose, as far as I'm concerned at least. Within this mode, you're already technically god/cheat-mode enabled, which will result in a (very) different gaming experience. The Creative-Mode provided by you however is, in terms of that, much more flexible and you can still decide if and to what extent you're willing to play.. creatively. This is the precise thing I liked about that.

Cheers

Ozwaldor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ozwaldor »

Awesome, thank you for the update, what are the chances having it enabled already so the achievements dont disable after using the console? or a way to enabled it before hand?

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Mooncat wrote:
y.petremann wrote:

Oh, that's cheat mode. Free and instant hand crafting. But it is still missing the feature of unlimited resources (e.g. fill the belt with ores to test furnace setup). xD
By the way, may I know what was the function of energy sink? I see that it is an accumulator with very high input but no output. But when I put it in game, it is not absorbing energy as I expected. Other machines in the network are still functional. :shock:
The idea of the sink is not draining all energy, but draining remaining energy...

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

I like to create things that don't exist or update if I don't like them the way they are, I've mainly created all of them because I needed them.

Creative mode is a big piece of hack and so I didn't get determination to update it, it even drawn the determination to update the other mods ... I'm glad that mooncat could update creative mode in place of me.

I'm actually unlocking some achievement for factorio and I will take my hand at updating the others.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

y.petremann wrote:The idea of the sink is not draining all energy, but draining remaining energy...
I see. Oops, I got the wrong idea and implemented it as a assembling machine, so it is draining all energy now.... but I guess I will leave it there before someone complains about it. :lol:
y.petremann wrote:I like to create things that don't exist or update if I don't like them the way they are, I've mainly created all of them because I needed them.

Creative mode is a big piece of hack and so I didn't get determination to update it, it even drawn the determination to update the other mods ... I'm glad that mooncat could update creative mode in place of me.

I'm actually unlocking some achievement for factorio and I will take my hand at updating the others.
My pleasure. I updated this mod also because I needed it. My goal is to make it also helpful for modders to test their mods. :lol:

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Mooncat wrote:
y.petremann wrote:The idea of the sink is not draining all energy, but draining remaining energy...
I see. Oops, I got the wrong idea and implemented it as a assembling machine, so it is draining all energy now.... but I guess I will leave it there before someone complains about it. :lol:
Creative mode was originaly for me only a way to create a part of a factory, benchmark it at full speed with,
energy sink was originaly a way to benchmark energy generation and so drain all remaining energy because you could need some machine draining energy to create energy (inserters ...).

The only thing is that because it's an accumulators, it is not possible to benchmark other accumulators based machines.
Mooncat wrote:
y.petremann wrote:I like to create things that don't exist or update if I don't like them the way they are, I've mainly created all of them because I needed them.

My pleasure. I updated this mod also because I needed it. My goal is to make it also helpful for modders to test their mods. :lol:

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

y.petremann wrote: Creative mode was originaly for me only a way to create a part of a factory, benchmark it at full speed with,
energy sink was originaly a way to benchmark energy generation and so drain all remaining energy because you could need some machine draining energy to create energy (inserters ...).

The only thing is that because it's an accumulators, it is not possible to benchmark other accumulators based machines.
I am not sure whether I get it correctly, so you meant.... for example, set up some steam generators + boilers + inserters to test energy throughput without setting up machines to consume energy but just the Energy Drain. In this way, the network is constantly requiring energy but at the same time, the inserters can insert coal normally. Am I right?
If that's the case, I will re-implement it, but also keep the new energy drain for fun. :lol:

Bo7Jangles2
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bo7Jangles2 »

Hi, I want to start a youtube series using the bobs mods along with your no hand crafting and no hand mining. I want to get permission from everyone to use their mods for my series and I will be monetizing my videos through the youtube monetization. If you consent, and would like for me to direct traffic to a website let me know and leave an address. I always give credit to the mod makers and direct people where to download their mods. You can find me by Searching for Bo7Jangles on youtube. I mostly do Farming Simulator 15, but had a request for factorio after showcasing the game. Thanks for your time, Bo7Jangles.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Bo7Jangles2 wrote:Hi, I want to start a youtube series using the bobs mods along with your no hand crafting and no hand mining. I want to get permission from everyone to use their mods for my series and I will be monetizing my videos through the youtube monetization. If you consent, and would like for me to direct traffic to a website let me know and leave an address. I always give credit to the mod makers and direct people where to download their mods. You can find me by Searching for Bo7Jangles on youtube. I mostly do Farming Simulator 15, but had a request for factorio after showcasing the game. Thanks for your time, Bo7Jangles.
For my part, a playthrough with my mod would confirm to everybody else that it's possible ... so I agree ...

Return to “Mods”