My goal is to implement a solution similar to LTN, where you put a requested amount on one airport, and a provided amount on another airport, and if the provided amount matches the request, then a cargo route is made automatically.
This is how that could work, see the picture for more details:
- 1. A new storage "warehouse" needs to be connected to an airport, that means wire connection between hangar, runway and warehouse.
- 2. The warehouse has an interface where you need to put the provider signal or the requester signal. In the picture you see a warehouse with a requester signal of 50 and a 4000 iron plates signal, and a warehouse with a provider signal of 3000.
(The requester signal here is in percent, but that's just an idea I'm testing - it could also be any given amount)
- 3. If a requester warehouse gets below its limit (in the example 50 % of 4000 iron plates = 2000 iron plates) and a provider warehouse has iron plates above the provided amount (3000 in the example), then the script will look for an airport with a cargo drone in range and start the cargo route.
- 4. Cargo route means:
- cargo drone will fly to the provider airport
- it will land and go to the provider warehouse
- when its inventory matches the provided amount it will start again and fly to the requester airport
- it will land and go to the requester warehouse
- when its inventory is empty it will fly back to its original hangar
The biggest PRO of this concept is that I could program it, the biggest CON probably that I have no idea how to include merged routes in it - there would probably be only one active cargo drone possible between two warehouses.
There might be more cons to this concept, or use-cases for cargo planes I didn't think of, or modding possibilities I'm not aware of... If you are, tell me - that is why I'm writing this post.
Before you answer with a long feature request list please consider that I'm coding this mod in the evening in my free time after I've already coded things the whole day at work...
PS: Graphics are wip, I need somebody to to that for me...