[MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifacts)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Fozone
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifacts)

Post by Fozone »

Postby Gamers_Unite » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:43 pm

I get this error:

Error while loading entity prototype "alien-ore" (resource): No such
node (width)
Modifications:peacemod

I'm getting this exact same error... Has anyone come across this and a way to fix it?

Don_Camillo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Don_Camillo »

got something similar but with

Error while loading entity prototype "alien-ore" (resource): No such
node (width)
Modifications:peacemod<-RSO

reinhard79
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by reinhard79 »

I had the same error, but another user already adjusted the mod so that it will work in the current version:

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=23135

leffe108
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by leffe108 »

Quick-n-dirty first patch for 0.13. It gives you a game without aliens and with alien ore. It has zero play testing and some military technology like flame-thrower and laser are probably available. I just made the mod load.

I hope to revisit this or find out that someone else has addressed these things:
  • Instead of removing the technology lines for flame-thrower and laser, figure out how to disable those technologies again in 0.13
  • Why is "defines" not found, and where is it instead? Just removing the reference is not a proper solution.
  • When quickly play-test, I get too high quantity of alien ore patches. Not sure how to solve this at the moment.
peacemod-0.13.patch
Disclaimer: I never wrote any Factorio mod and didn't test out the changes yet beyond just starting a game and making sure there are alien ore patches. This is why I post this as a patch file to share and discuss rather than a zip file to download.

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

defines was not found as it was changed to be included by default in 0.13.
I always leave the military tech on.. trees wont burn themselves!
I thank you for the patch.

edit: oh wow! i just tested it.. thats alot of ore! maybe if i combine it with RSO we can go back to sane levels

edit2: just testing with rso, cant find any ore spawns at all. I am out of time for now.
edit3: working fine with RSO ore is as rare as you would expect it.
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

areux
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by areux »

Could you guys possibly post a simple tutorial on how to use the patch notes posted by leffe108 for the not so smart folk, because i cant understand what do with it.

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

areux wrote:Could you guys possibly post a simple tutorial on how to use the patch notes posted by leffe108 for the not so smart folk, because i cant understand what do with it.
As the patch isn't very big I'll just explain what the patch file is doing. You will have to edit the files in the zip, either extract or edit them in place. I like to unzip so the zip isn't touched until I know it is working. extract here is the better option as having it inside another folder will break the mod for testing.

In the patch file look for the + and - they tell you what to do, - remove + add. If a line is edited it will be - before it is + back in.

first bit is saying in control.lua remove the line "require "defines""

in data.lua remove the lines with the - next to them, so flame thrower, laser, turrets, laser turrets (alternatively you could change in config.lua the line that reads "removeMilitaryTech=true" to "false")

in info.json add a comma at the end of the dependencies line, then append "factorio_version": "0.13.0" below it.

hope that helps.
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

areux
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by areux »

cullyn wrote:
areux wrote:Could you guys possibly post a simple tutorial on how to use the patch notes posted by leffe108 for the not so smart folk, because i cant understand what do with it.
As the patch isn't very big I'll just explain what the patch file is doing. You will have to edit the files in the zip, either extract or edit them in place. I like to unzip so the zip isn't touched until I know it is working. extract here is the better option as having it inside another folder will break the mod for testing.

In the patch file look for the + and - they tell you what to do, - remove + add. If a line is edited it will be - before it is + back in.

first bit is saying in control.lua remove the line "require "defines""

in data.lua remove the lines with the - next to them, so flame thrower, laser, turrets, laser turrets (alternatively you could change in config.lua the line that reads "removeMilitaryTech=true" to "false")

in info.json add a comma at the end of the dependencies line, then append "factorio_version": "0.13.0" below it.

hope that helps.
It worked, thanks!

leffe108
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by leffe108 »

Thanks for the info on defines.

I have figured out how to get disabling of military tech to work correctly again. It was basically that for example basic-laser-defense-equipment was renamed to personal-laser-defense-equipment, and as it wasn't removed by its new name, trying to remove laser-turret was giving an error. But after having updated all tech names and added a line to remove cluster-grenade, the military tech removal should be as in 0.12 again. (at least as I remember it - it was quite some time ago that I played with 0.12)

I found that noise_persistence is now named noisePerisistence in the API docs of 0.13, so I changed that. Also, in control.lua, Also, I renamed the function call for regenerate_entiity to include a _ in the name as in the 0.13 specification.

Still, there remain an issue with the resource generation. I have the feeling that within the start area Factorio spawns more Alien ore than outside. It is probably related to these lines in the mod, which use attributes not available in the 0.13 specification. They are not mentioned in the migrations, so it could be old 0.11 attributes that have been obsolete for some time, but I haven't yet found any 0.11 specification to verify that.

Code: Select all

starting_area_weight_optimal = 0,
          starting_area_weight_range = 0,
          starting_area_weight_max_range = 2,
peacemod-0.13-v2.patch
How to apply the patch

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

leffe108 wrote:Thanks for the info on defines.

I have figured out how to get disabling of military tech to work correctly again. /snip
No worries, patch is amazing awesome work. Now if we could get the Op in here so we can post a file.

edit: alternative method to apply patch in windows. I use sourcetree(git) on windows to apply the patch. I had to open the patch in notepad++ remove the leading tabs(ctrl-a select all -> shift + tab) then I created the repo in source tree.. unzipped the folder clone -> new. Once cloned apply patch.
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

donkeybonner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by donkeybonner »

What happens if i add this mod to an existing save game? it wont work(rare earth will not spawn) or there is some console command or other mod to make it spawn?

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

donkeybonner wrote:What happens if i add this mod to an existing save game?
it might work on land that is not generated yet. I cant say for sure, the best way would be to test it.

start a new game, no mods. turn on peace mod load the save then run around. when you expand the fog and generate land it should add in the alien ore patches.

The current version is spawning more ore than you want. RSO has a custom generator for when peace mod is enabled. This was implemented several months ago and is still active on newer versions of RSO
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

how do I update the mod to 0.13 since I had the version for 0.12.35

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

There is a similar version https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Emmote/PeaceModeOre

I am not sure if it works with RSO like this one does and the way to make artifacts is easier with only needing to combine it with sulfuric acid.

If there was a license issued with the op i would have posted a zip but it is not our code and we can only assume the op has it licensed all rights reserved.

If you must have this version, the patch files are fairly short and shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to follow.

patch info in this post viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8344&start=60#p173595
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

speedy45
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by speedy45 »

well the PeacemodOre doesn't remove the aliens and the patch files I couldn't follow it and need help?

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

cullyn wrote:If there was a license issued with the op i would have posted a zip but it is not our code and we can only assume the op has it licensed all rights reserved.
Sorry I've been away for very long and never got around to update this mod.

If you do have another zip which updates this mod for newer versions, feel free to create another thread about it and I'll update this one to redirect people to the new one. Just mention me in your credits as the original author. Thanks for your work!

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

Okay great, I will bump the version to 0.13 then post to the mods.factorio.com MIT license okay with you?

0.13 compatible with the ore spawn fix. I also enabled flamethrowers by default to help with tree clearing.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=13586

fixed ore generator.

Enjoy!
Attachments
peacemod_0.1.2.zip
0.13 compatible with the spawner fix
(162.33 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

pnomolos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pnomolos »

Okay great, I will bump the version to 0.13 then post to the mods.factorio.com MIT license okay with you?
Do you think you'll get the mod posted soon? :D Just installed on a new machine and figured I'd wait until this was available to begin my game

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

cullyn wrote:Okay great, I will bump the version to 0.13 then post to the mods.factorio.com MIT license okay with you?
Yes, no problem! Give me the link once it's done and I'll update the original post to redirect people there.

Return to “Mods”