Industrial Display Plates .. feature request

Topics and discussion about specific mods
billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Industrial Display Plates .. feature request

Post by billbo99 »

@Deadlock989

We have been using your display plates on our server and I wonder if you would be open to some feature requests :-

A search filter
With the normal recipe window you can get it to run a search and apply a filter, but I have not been able to find anything similar with your mod.

Close on click
After you click on a recipe icon have the GUI close.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Industrial Display Plates .. feature request

Post by Deadlock989 »

billbo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm
A search filter
Likely. I might switch the whole faked gui thing out for a native choose-elem-button picker instead, then it would have the base game's search feature, plus better handling of mod tab/recipe diarrhoea. There are some issues around doing that but I won't go on about it. The camera/preview thing that it had in IR 1.0.x could come back then as well. Edited to add: I tried that and hate it. So will look at recreating the search filter functionality, which is a bit of a nightmare if it needs to handle localised strings - fortunately I had a bit of code lying around already.
billbo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:19 pm
Close on click
Much less likely, especially if the above happens. You might want to toggle the map marker button before the gui goes away, or you might have misclicked and want to choose another icon.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

We are playing a game of "Pyanodons" and when we try to pick an item from the selection GUI nothing happens, except we get kicked from the game.

In my "factorio-current.log" file I get this error message at the time of disconnect.

44548.245 Warning ClientSynchronizer.cpp:89: nextHeartbeatSequenceNumber(1910523094) server wants a heartbeat(1910522280) that we don't have.
44548.462 Error ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:101: MultiplayerManager failed: "You have been dropped from the game."

I have a feeling that "Pyanodons" has a lot of items its trying to enumerate, and locking up.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

I have no idea what "wants a heartbeat that we don't have" means, but I am guessing the game is struggling to cope with the huge number of translation request events fired for the huge number of Py items.

Edit:

I've removed localised name searching. Searches match against internal names only now. This should fix any network traffic / lag issues.

There are undoubtedly complex solutions to the problem of managing vast numbers of translation requests but this is supposed to be a very lightweight, low impact, low maintenance mod, and I can't be arsed with it.

billbo99
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by billbo99 »

Klonan's Construction Drones appear to causing our server to crash when placing "IndustrialDisplays"

Code: Select all

3148.073 Error MainLoop.cpp:1202: Exception at tick 13901538: The mod Construction Drones (0.4.8) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Construction_Drones::on_ai_command_completed (ID 113)
The mod Industrial Display Plates (1.0.7) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event IndustrialDisplays::script_raised_revive (ID 79)
__IndustrialDisplays__/control.lua:224: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__IndustrialDisplays__/control.lua:224: in function 'is_a_display'
	__IndustrialDisplays__/control.lua:508: in function <__IndustrialDisplays__/control.lua:507>
stack traceback:
	__Construction_Drones__/script/construction_drone.lua:1664: in function <__Construction_Drones__/script/construction_drone.lua:1644>
	(...tail calls...)
	__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:44: in function <__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:42>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'revive'
	__Construction_Drones__/script/construction_drone.lua:1664: in function <__Construction_Drones__/script/construction_drone.lua:1644>
	(...tail calls...)
	__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:44: in function <__core__/lualib/event_handler.lua:42>

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

billbo99 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:07 pm
Klonan's Construction Drones appear to causing our server to crash when placing "IndustrialDisplays"
There is a typo on line 504 of IDP's control.lua. Please test whether changing "is_a_display(entity)" to "is_a_display(event.entity)" fixes the issue.

Edit: uploaded this fix.

@billbo99, if you want to take this mod over, it's yours.

Return to “Mods”