[MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
xilr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Post by xilr »

I see KoS made a Krastorio 2 Mall BP. But has anyone ever made a Krastorio 2 w. Space Exploration Mall BP? It takes motors instead of raw resources for a lot of things. (I think its technically the AAI component that changes the recipes, which is required by space exploration).

If anyone has or knows of a good mall that works like this, could ya point me in the right direction?

biterlove
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by biterlove »

Hey, could anyone tell me if/how to add trees to blueprints?

Cheers

redis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by redis »

Does anyone know why Inserter Capacity Research is not infinite even though Infinite Technology is checked and it is more than 5 upgrade levels (what description says it should be)? bug or feature?

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

redis wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Does anyone know why Inserter Capacity Research is not infinite even though Infinite Technology is checked and it is more than 5 upgrade levels (what description says it should be)? bug or feature?
Probably an engine limitation. Moving a thousand items at one time might not be possible.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

redis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by redis »

ZombieMooose wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:20 am
redis wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:54 pm
Probably an engine limitation. Moving a thousand items at one time might not be possible.
There is no any limitation 100%. I am asking if there is reason in the mod why infinite Inserter Capacity Research was not chosen to be enabled. Looks like a bug.

Additionally looks like a common complaint is that loading trains is very slow (or that loaders can not do it) in Krastorio (compared to how strong production lines are) and this could help to address that. If you could have a stack size of 20-30 instead of 12 that would be much helpful.

To mod authors: Please, allow inserters to be relevant in the late game by unlocking "Infinite Inserter Capacity Research"

imTheSupremeOne
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by imTheSupremeOne »

I think space science damage increase numbers should be rebalanced. I understand that the base numbers were increased, and research doesn't rise to a millions of packs straight away as in vanilla, but getting 3 and then less % damage increases feels bad and wrong; while in vanilla you can do space packs, launch 6 rockets and get +63% to damage and really feel rewarded and that this was worth it...

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

redis wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:17 am

Additionally looks like a common complaint is that loading trains is very slow (or that loaders can not do it) in Krastorio (compared to how strong production lines are) and this could help to address that. If you could have a stack size of 20-30 instead of 12 that would be much helpful.
inserters have an engine limitation and can not pick up more than 1 item per tick. loaders have an engine limitation for 2 items per tick.

miniloaders are the answer for you, they contain several inserters under the guise of a loader skin.

redis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by redis »

ptx0 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:48 pm
redis wrote:

inserters have an engine limitation and can not pick up more than 1 item per tick. loaders have an engine limitation for 2 items per tick.

miniloaders are the answer for you, they contain several inserters under the guise of a loader skin.
"engine limitation ... " What are you talking about? This is not speed, but inserter stack size. You can change stack size of an inserter to 50 100 or million and move ANY number of items per second (or tick!) from an inventory to inventory. There are mods doing it and I could hack it myself too. I have built 2kspm vanilla sciences base with inserters of 50 stack size which use a line of warehouses with combinators as a bus. Throughput is high!

Here it is actually when it was 1k spm (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=78319&p=467658#p467658).

Solinya
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Solinya »

Just finished my run of Krastorio 2 and wanted to thank you guys for a great mod. I played KL and liked it, but you really improved on a lot of the weak areas in the legacy mod with K2 (pre-blue science isn't slow anymore, there's actually a use for fusion energy now, more weapon variety to play with, fewer one-off intermediaries, etc.). I also enjoyed the completely different end goal.

I heard you guys are leaving factorio which is a shame, but thanks again for the experience and best of luck wherever you guys head next.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

redis wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:56 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:48 pm
redis wrote:

[...]What are you talking about? [..]number of items per second (or tick!) from an inventory to inventory.[...]
thanks, that's exactly what i'm talking about.

not everyone designs their factory to exploit inventory transfer rate. inserters have a throughput limit from belts, conveniently ignored by you.

by the way, I'm the maintainer of the Express Bus mod! it's got 10,000 item/sec belts. I've tested inserter throughput limits with huge hand stack size bonus... it tops out around 250 items/sec. sometimes it spikes to 900 items/sec.

WilliW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WilliW »

Crash with all recipes unlocked
See https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio ... 7de95711c2 for my bug report. I am attaching the log file here.

By the way, great mod!! Many of my Factorio-tired friends have started again with it. :)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

WilliW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WilliW »

I think I was misled by the Krastorio error message and in fact it has nothing to do with the crash.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

hey, is it possible to enable "unlimited oil" after the game has startet... missed that setting... :-/

like a script?

edit: i foun dit, just save, exit, change, and load... :)

Norrak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Norrak »

Trying Krastorio 2 for the first time here, and I am cofused on collecting biomass. So I understand that it's the purple thingy under biter bases, but how do I actually collect it ? I killed off all the biters, worms and nests on a specific biter base and the ground is now covered in purple, but how do I collect it/pick it up ?
When I stand on an ore field I can left or right click to mine it, but that doesn't seem to be working in the creep.

so what am I missing ? Do I need a specific tool for it ?

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

There is a "creep collector" which can be researched and made: it looks like a spade. With this in your hand you can click on the creep to collect it.

Norrak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Norrak »

thanks man. somehow I totally missed that. Will check it out after work tonight.

Finally found it. It seems it's not somethign you need to research anymore, but it is an item you have by default, you just need to know where to find it.

If you look on your quickslot menu, next to the 4 bars you can assign stuff to yourself (on the right), you have another menu where you find the blueprint buttons etc. On that menu, in the upper right corner you see an icon of a shovel, tha'ts your "creep collector" item. Select it and drag over the creep of an old biter base and you'll collect it automatically.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

If I remember correctly you can also set a decon planner with creep filter so bots can mine it for you.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Post by leeux »

I'm not sure if this is a good place to report problems, or if the author still read this forum, but is not like there's any other good places to report stuff, as I won't create a new account to report a single bug in a site I'll never use again, and the author closed discussions in the mod page and moved away from github (for some reason.)

Here's the issue:
Lithium-chlorine loop seems to be broken atm when you use productivity modules in the chain, as in, you end up producing more chlorine than it's needed in order to close up the loop and you have to end up flaring it.

If you don't use prod modules, the recipes exactly balance and you end up consuming all chlorine, but sadly, that is not a solution because you end up needed way more mineral water than you'd need normally, and the MW is finite so the less you use per unit of lithium produced the better else you'd need to constantly find new sources of it.

As far as I remember, this didn't use to be the case last year when I last played with the mod on, but I might be wrong... the thing is I have old setups that I'm trying to reuse now, that used to work unattended with no chlorine output (no recycling nor flaring) that now block due to chlorine saturation.

I'm one of those players that hate flaring stuff needlessly but sadly there's no good dump for chlorine outside of mining rare metals (which is unrelated to lithium so you can't rely on that) and making hydrogen-chloride which again, its uses are unrelated to lithium so you can't rely on it being a good dump.

But I haven't find any mention of this having been changed intentionally by reading back in the changelogs so I'd have to assume that it's a bug and not intended? Not sure if it could be something else that it's affecting it either... I don't remember much how it was in the past, but I'm almost positive that I didn't had this issue back then, and I had a megabase running with just K2 at 2.5K spm that would have locked with this issue very quickly, if this isn't something that changed in the meantime since I last played.

Also, totally unrelated, but... Why was the efficient fabrication for Electronic Components removed back in 1.3.0? I used to depend on it back in my megabase... so if I wanted to go back my base would be broken :(

Stopdropanddie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stopdropanddie »

There is a modification to the Military 1 research item that allows you to craft slowdown capsules, however this recipe requires steel plates, which doesn't make sense as Steel Processing isn't a prerequisite research for Military 1. I think slowdown capsules should be moved to Military 2 since it has Steel Processing is a prerequisite for it, thus eliminating any confusion/disappointment when someone realises that they can't craft slowdown capsules.

Return to “Mods”