Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.12] Default request amount change

Post by Martc »

Name: DefaultRequestAmount
Version: 1.0.0
Factorio-Version: 0.12.x, 0.11.x
Description: Mod modifies default values in logistic slots for Requester chest and player, default value is set back to 1.
License: MIT
Release: 2015-01-23
Download-Url:
DefaultRequestAmount_1.0.0.zip
(856 Bytes) Downloaded 2155 times
Category: Helper
Mod tweaking
Last edited by Martc on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

UntouchedWagons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13] Default request amount change

Post by UntouchedWagons »

Thanks.

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

That changes my life, thank you !

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

I was going to open a request for this kind of mod literally a minute ago. You made my day!

Thanks bud!

Ashnoom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ashnoom »

I was looking for this as well. But I was wondering "previously" the default was either 1, 0 or "previous value for that slot", right?

Why was this changed? Requesting ADvanced processors is now a PITA because one chest immediatly requests 200 and voila a lot of resources are used but I only wanted 1 xD for example.

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.13+] Default request amount change

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

it would be great if we had a list for the requested amount made from each player!! so we can share between each one

Gecko
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Gecko »

Ashnoom wrote: Why was this changed? Requesting ADvanced processors is now a PITA because one chest immediatly requests 200 and voila a lot of resources are used but I only wanted 1 xD for example.
Somewhere in this forum kovarex answered something like he likes it more that way. I can't seem to find it right now, but I tought it was in the update thread. My appologies for the lack of proof.
We are just the community after all.

As there is the possibility of modding Martc was kind enough to provide a correction for those who rather like having one of the mentioned advanced processors instead of 200 of those suckers brought by an army of not-upgraded bots across 300 maptiles...

Chaosz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12] Default request amount change

Post by Chaosz »

Thank you, very helpful!

masterzh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by masterzh »

Thank you so much!

irbork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by irbork »

It is great.

I wonder how hard would it be to add one more feature.
When you are copying assembler recipe and pasting it to requester chest it request 2x ingredients.
It would be so much better if it requests:

if "crafting speed" <= 2.5 then
"requested amount" = "requested amount" / ("crafting speed" x 0.2)
else
"requested amount" = 2
end if

This way copied recipe from copper wire assembler would paste a request of 20 copper plates instead of 4.

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Martc »

Interesting, why I don't know about this feature :). Anyway I did some test and this feature seems to be not affected by my mod at all. I tried find something to mod this, but I didn't find anything. I will ask in modding forum, thank you for suggestion.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

irbork wrote:I wonder how hard would it be to add one more feature.
When you are copying assembler recipe and pasting it to requester chest it request 2x ingredients.
Problem is, some items have more than one recipe for making them (especially with mods) and often those recipes have vastly different crafting times. E.g bob adds copper making recipe that takes some 25s but results with 10 copper plates.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Thank you.

Simple but life improving mod.

Should also be vanilla.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Martc wrote:Interesting, why I don't know about this feature :). Anyway I did some test and this feature seems to be not affected by my mod at all. I tried find something to mod this, but I didn't find anything. I will ask in modding forum, thank you for suggestion.
Looks like this will be an event in .13:
http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.0-preview/

on_pre_entity_settings_pasted

johntarmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johntarmac »

Hi Martc, will you be updating this for 0.13?

Cheers

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

johntarmac wrote:Hi Martc, will you be updating this for 0.13?

Cheers
It's now an option directly in the game. Menu options other? Somewhere in there.

johntarmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by johntarmac »

Peppe wrote:

Cheers
It's now an option directly in the game. Menu options other? Somewhere in there.
Thanks Peppe.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Peppe wrote:

Cheers
Menu option toggles between either full stacks (old default) or 2x the amount required for manufacturing the item (though I think it's overridden for some things).

Does anyone know how hard would it be to make a mod that makes this configurable (in mod config file)? E.g player can choose for producing how many items the copy-paste should set the requester chest to. For example, I'd probably like it to be at 10 items per default, not 2.

If I understood the API changes right then now it should be possible to read what stuff is being copy-pasted.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Peppe wrote:
in "options -> other settings", there is one option for "force default logistic filter count to 1", BUT:

i didn't test it yet (since i am doing my first test on 0.13 and try to get the achievement "without requester chests"), but there are several places in factorio with similar problems of getting the wrong number of items being delivered/handled immediately, and they are handled in different ways, eg
  • setting requester items manually :
    in 0.12 this always defaulted to entire stacks,
    and i most often don't want exactly one stack, but either much less, or several stacks, or even a little less than N stacks to compensate for inserter and robot transfer stack sizes to not fill the chest with more than N stacks
    it is also a bit annoying when i want to fill a row (10 stacks) and don't move the mouse exactly enough, getting 2k items when my mouse moves by a few dots from 800>900>1k>2k>1k, or even worse when editing the number and eg changing 100 to 200, typing "2" and "del" instead of "del" and "2", and then being delivered 2100 items.
  • copy&paste from assemblers to requesters :
    in 0.12 this always defaulted to a fixed multiple of needed items,
    but depending on distance to the provider, speed of the assembler and on the amount of items (many more if it is only 1 or 2 items on a fast recipe/assembler, or even less than the exact amount if it is a huge number of items on a slow recipe/assembler), i either need less or more multiples, or even only a single item for costly items where even no "cache ahead" in the assembler itself would be good enough for me (like 200 alien artifacts in the recipe that i use less than once per hour and which fills the assembler with 400 and an additional 400 in the requester),
    and on modifying/editing the value, i have the same additional problems as above
  • using the request slots in the char's inventory :
    in 0.12 this always defaulted to entire stacks,
    again the same problems as above (even more severe because usually the inventory has less space for getting too many items than an almost empty requester chest), and in addition i quite often want only one or a few items only once(!), eg when i need exactly one splitter (in that case, factorio sends a full stack of them before i can set it to 1, then i wait for the item(s) to be delivered, and then have to remember to clear that item or set it to 0)
  • setting amounts on conditions (eg inserters) :
    in 0.12 this required to set and confirm the amount before the inserter acted upon the changed number, although changing the condition toggles through three options which take effect immediately, and thus even in this case an immediate reaction can happen before everything is set up correctly.
    although not perfect, in my opinion the best of these four cases
in 0.12, i used a mod to limit all unconfirmed orders (cases 1 and 3 above) to 1 (as default), and i liked it a lot.
since case 2 (copy&paste) is optional, it's not bad to have some other values there, but also having 1 as default would enable me to fill the list of items in a requester with the correct items, and leave only the task of setting the desired amounts.

in 0.13, even with some single option in the game's options settings, not all cases might be covered and there is more that i would like to see to adjust everything in every case. Maybe that would be a bit too much, but at least a mod to adjust all those places still might be nice or even needed.

Return to “Mods”