[0.11.11] Canister Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Chester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.11] Canister Mod

Post by Chester »

Hi everyone! I present to you my first mod!

I Hate Pipes - Canister Mod

The mod adds canisters - small liquid containers (1/50 of a barrel) for almost every liquid in the game. The point is I dont like pipes running near my assembly lines, so I decided to do crafting wihout them. Even though you could transport liquids around on belts with firegrenade's Fluid Barrel, the canisters are a bit different. You can craft items directly using canister with liquid inside, instead of emptying the barrel into pipe system and then crafting. Unfortunately the canister - unlike barrel - is lost in the process (but its still cheap).

Let me know if it even works. (also report factorio version you have, mod works on 0.11.11) Like i said, it my first mod ever.

Is there any way to do multiple recipes (with the same result item) without doubling them in the gui?

MOD CONTENT
Image Image

CRAFTING
Image Image

Alternative recipes
Image Image
Attachments
canister_0.1.1.zip
DOWNLOAD
(40.83 KiB) Downloaded 594 times

Chester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.11.11] Canister Mod

Post by Chester »

20.01.15 - v 0.1.1 uploaded
24.01.15 - added screenshots of mod content and recipes

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

By their nature, there is no way to have two recipies for the same item without having two Recipies displayed. You could make a new "canister" tab however.

Also, I would prefer the canisters, used in recipies, to be recycled, as in, a second output with those canisters. I hate wasting resources like that.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:By their nature, there is no way to have two recipies for the same item without having two Recipies displayed. You could make a new "canister" tab however.

Also, I would prefer the canisters, used in recipies, to be recycled, as in, a second output with those canisters. I hate wasting resources like that.
When you add this I would use it as an alternative.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

I'm okay the canisters are not reusable. That's the price to pay for easily handleable fluids.
They're cheap anyway (50 for 1 steel) but hold very little (0,5 units) so a barrel (25 units) needs 50 canisters equals 1 steel. So it's the same price for a barrel.
I wouldn't use them in mass productions as their costs get pretty steep then but for hard to reach low-volume productions they're okay as they can transport any fluid and not only oil.

Chester
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chester »

So a battery uses 1 copper plate, 1 iron plate, 4 sulfuric acid canisters. 4 wasted canisters are equal to 4/50*5(iron plates)=0.4 iron plate more, up to 1 copper palte, 2 sulfuric acid units, 1.4 iron plates*. Thats the price for completing your main bus without pipes :)

*Actually its more like 1.4 iron plate raw without canisters to 1.8 iron plates raw with canisters since sulfuric acid also uses iron.**
**If i did the math good

Return to “Mods”