[MOD 0.18] AssemblingMachineZero

Topics and discussion about specific mods
sym
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.18] AssemblingMachineZero

Post by sym »

Assembling machine 0
Description: An assembling machine 0 is a small (1x1) assembling machine that crafts items with one ingredient.
Game version: 0.18
Mod page: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/AssemblingMachineZero
Author: raid, updated by me (original thread: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=22810)

The assembling machine 0 is an assembling machine variant to craft items with one ingredient.

It is slightly cheaper to craft than an assembling machine 1, pollutes slightly less and uses slightly less energy.
It crafts faster than an assembling machine 1 (0.75 vs 0.5) as a trade-off for only being able to craft items with one ingredient.
The stack size is 100.

I did not write this mod originally. I updated it for 0.18, upgraded the sprites, and made my balance changes.

This is my vision of a balanced, vanilla-feeling assembling machine 0. It is a significant departure from MrSelfDestruct's current 0.17 version, which is a version fix from funnysunnybunny's update of the original mod. I choose to play on the latest version when I can (most of the time), and I figured if I'm going to go in and change the mod to work with 0.18, I may as well just tweak some other stuff that I didn't like about it in the past.

Original credit for the mod goes to raid. Other thanks go to funnysunnybunny, isochronous, and MrSelfDestruct.

Changes:
  • Updated for 0.18
  • Lowered crafting speed to 0.75 (down from 1.5)
  • It now costs 5 iron plates (down from 10), 3 iron gear wheels (down from 5), and 2 electronic circuits (up from 1)
  • Upgraded the sprite to use the high-res version from the assembling machine 1
  • Changed the sounds to use the base assembling machine 1 sounds

Return to “Mods”