[MOD 0.17] Random Recipe Changes

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Hannah97Gamer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.17] Random Recipe Changes

Post by Hannah97Gamer »

This mod contains a few random recipe changes that just make the game feel a bit better. All of the various changes can be toggled individually in the settings.

This is one of my very first mods, so any feedback you may have would be very much appreciated.
If anyone has any suggestions for things I can add to this mod, I could do that too!

You can find this mod on the mod portal here
Recipe changes
Alternate flamethrower ammo
Adds a recipe to create flamethrower ammo from light and heavy oil, instead of just crude. As a bonus to refining it, the recipe takes a bit less oil overall.

Iron flamethrower ammo
Changes the flamethrower ammo recipe from requiring steel plates to iron plates, because really. It is a fuel canister. It does not need to be made of steel.

Charcoal
Allows you to smelt two wood into one coal. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Grenades from explosives
Adds a technology to allow you to make grenades out of explosives. I never really understood how a can of coal went boom anyways. Aside from making a bit more sense, this recipe is also a bit cheaper overall than normal grenades.

Concrete made from rebar
Replaces iron ore in concrete with iron sticks for rebar. This one should be obvious. I cant think of any reason in particular iron bearing rock could be used to hold concrete together. I don't think it would make a good cement. So just use rebar instead.

Scrapping recipes
Adds several recipes that allows you to scrap obsolete tech that you no longer need, reclaiming some of the resources you put into them.
Things you can scrap are: pistols, burner miners, stone furnaces, steel furnaces, and wooden power poles.

Upgrade recipes
Inspired by a few other mods out there. Changes certain recipes to require the previous tier of items. For inserters, that means you need a burner inserter to make an inserter, electric drills require burner drills, furnaces require the previous level of furnace, and armor requires the previous tier to make.

Return to “Mods”