[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Captain NeL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.X] Air Filtering

Post by Captain NeL »

I can easy make it with 3 default colors (grey, blue, green), but it's looking bad. I mean that the colors do not harmonize.

Metamorpher
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metamorpher »

@Captain NeL

Just play with Lasso Tool and Color Balance in Photoshop. I made this in few minutes, if you use more time you can make it better, and then standard colors will be harmonize.
Attachments
AFM-mk4.png
AFM-mk4.png (547.21 KiB) Viewed 7488 times
<[Immortality is a Form of Live over Death]>

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

So the air filter machine takes a whole stack of filters ,so having them all fed via belts requires the first to be "full" and thus you need to produce hunreds of filters just for a few low lvl machines. Kinda silly bc you only need 1. This is just my opinion that is unintuitive bc 1 filter and 1 recycler facing each other dont have that problem. And 3 filter machines surrounding a recycler might have a race problem with the inserters grabbing filters.

Especially at lower levels the setup of having multiple filter machines against a single recycler becomes logical bc the machines are so slow. But its just then you must be sure to feed all of them with a stack of filters. So at lower levels you need many filters, at higher levels not. Unintuitive imo.

kostermw
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.X] Air Filtering

Post by kostermw »

Using this mod since 0.13 or so. It really adds something to an already excellent game. Thanks for creating AND maintaining this mod. I owe you a beer!

Got a question about its working: Since these machines use a LOT of energy, I wondered if they stop/pause if the chunk (that it is placed in) is clean?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

They don't.
You can use Pollution Detector for that.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

Updated to make the mod work with 0.17
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Mod has been updated to include technology descriptions. I'm thankful for any translations of the text to other languages (besides german and english). Happy pollution cleaning! :)
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Has the mod been updated for the 0.17.12 pollution changes?

Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ultros »

Molay wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:34 pm
Has the mod been updated for the 0.17.12 pollution changes?
I don't know for sure if it has or not, but a level 3 filter was consuming 1 filter item per ~25s and removing 5 pollution units per second (300 absorption/min). For a ~1k spm semi-megabase it took about 120 or so level 3 filters to equal the pollution output, so I think it's reasonably balanced given the current pollution difficulty, since you obviously can't just put all of the filters in one place and call it a day, and have to distribute the filters around the factory to correctly direct the pollution output.

-edit-

After using the mod for a while, there seems to be something strange going on with the pollution absorbed stat. The filters still appear to be displaying as absorbing the max level of pollution even when there is no pollution in the area, and as a result now I have more pollution consumed than created going by the statistics window.

I took a look at the mod code itself and it seems that the filtering is simply accomplished by using a "furnace" which "smelts" unused air filters into used air filters, while producing a negative emissions value. I presume it's an issue with the pollution generation system then. I have filed a bug report viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69164&p=420812#p420812 for this.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I can't say for sure, if the recent changes made to the pollution mechanics in the core game are acting wonky because of my mod. I apreciate any observations and will make changes accordingly if neccessary.

As Ultros has stated: The mod works by "producing" negative amounts of pollution and acts like a furnace.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

Updated for Version 0.18; Any feedback on the balancing is very much appreciated :)

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dae »

0.8.3 updated
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/air-filte ... 8869009a68

i'm sad, you don't have see my previus message from my feedback
take care <3

(Dae#5125 on discord)

mitzler
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mitzler »

Hello,
if you can, please update this and the pollution detection mod to Factorio 1.1.
The mods are now considered 'core gameplay' for me :)
Thx.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Sorry, I don't have the time at the moment. If someone else updates the mod, I'll place it in the mod portal. Sorry guys! =(

Dae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Dae »

i have make a quickfix
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Air-Filtering_Fix

With changlog files, fr localisation, and some images on description

Return to “Mods”