[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

Okay, finished the new version earlier than expected. Angels mod is now supported! I wrote a migration to enable the air filter recipe for those who already had it researched. So loading old savegames should be no problem. Some feedback concerning this would be greatly appreciated. In my tests it worked. If it is not for you, just tell me :)

Greetings
Schorty
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

niccage
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by niccage »

Wow! Thanks for the quick reaction, I'll give it a test now :D

niccage
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by niccage »

I've got it running, no issues here :) I didn't research the tech previously though so I haven't tested that aspect. Thanks again for the awesome mod!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Is there a reason you didn't throw out "old-air-filter-machine" by now?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

It doesn't hurt anyone and if there is the stray v0.1.0 user, there wont be any problems ;)
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Schorty wrote:Okay, finished the new version earlier than expected. Angels mod is now supported! I wrote a migration to enable the air filter recipe for those who already had it researched. So loading old savegames should be no problem. Some feedback concerning this would be greatly appreciated. In my tests it worked. If it is not for you, just tell me :)

Greetings
Schorty
Sry for the problems, will be renaming my entity in the next update as well. :)

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Arch666Angel wrote:Sry for the problems, will be renaming my entity in the next update as well. :)
No worries :)
This way I learned some things about migrations and stuff... ;)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Schorty wrote:It doesn't hurt anyone and if there is the stray v0.1.0 user, there wont be any problems ;)
I like my logistics window to have the same layout as my crafting window.
By itself it's not that bad (although annoying if i keep ordering the obsolete machine instead of Mk1), but with other mods it does add up a to the number of unavailable items shown only in logistics window.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Oh, Okay! I didn't know that. Guess I get rid of them. New Version might be there by this afternoon (CET)
Thanks for pointing this out!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Here's a migration script to rename air-filters so you don't loose all of them.
Attachments
0.4.2.json
air-filter rename script
(68 Bytes) Downloaded 140 times

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Thanks for the script! I'm just updating the mod to include your migration and the removal of the old air filter machines.

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

So, I just started using this mod, should I expect to see the red/pollution area decrease if I have enough filters going? Or will it just hold steady where it's at even if I have an overwhelming number of filters?

SquarelyCircle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SquarelyCircle »

Drizzt321 wrote:So, I just started using this mod, should I expect to see the red/pollution area decrease if I have enough filters going? Or will it just hold steady where it's at even if I have an overwhelming number of filters?
If you filter enough of the pollution, the red cloud will actually reduce. I got my base down to 0 pollution almost everywhere. Of note, this doesn't reduce the effects on biter evolution, which is about pollution production, not pollution presence.

Drizzt321
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Drizzt321 »

Thanks! Guess that means I need to make a crap ton of these and have a moderate size recycling plant.

SquarelyCircle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SquarelyCircle »

Drizzt321 wrote:Thanks! Guess that means I need to make a crap ton of these and have a moderate size recycling plant.
I use the pollution combinator mod, and have these laid out across my base at the heaviest areas. I use a requester chest for 1-2 air filters and a stack of coal. Then I tell the inserter arm only to insert a filter if pollution goes above 50. When the filter is used, it goes back into the requester chest. On the other side of the requester chest is an assembler for recycling, which takes and replaces the filter. You'll notice I also have bob's inserters, which allows for weird inserter positioning.

I call this setup the portable air filter, and with about 20 of them around my main base area, I've been able to keep pollution at 0 in a former base. The base in the picture actually doesn't have a lot of air filters. In part, that's because I'm pretty sure the air filtering process is causing a multiplayer desync.

SOOOO.....

Has anyone else been able to use air filtering in multiplayer games? Do you/your friends desync?

After removing the air filters, completely, we were able to play normally.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

Mod has been updated for Factorio 0.15.X. Just download it from here or via mod portal.

Captain NeL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Captain NeL »

Ahoy, matey! I have something special for you) This is not a final version, and we need shadows. Actually I want to make pipes for this with same color like a base. This is not update textures. This is probably another machine or mk4 afm. Only with one grade. Its look bad with blue and green collor. Actually this is not default grey color.
Attachments
AFM mk4.png
AFM mk4.png (536.57 KiB) Viewed 7490 times

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Wow, those are looking really neat!

I'm quite torn on what to do with them. On the one hand, I would really like to use them, but I can't use them for all 3 tiers, because its "just" one color and I don't want to go through the pain of painting them again :D
But I also don't want to create a Tier 4 machine.

I'm honored, that you made these and am really looking forward to seeing the finished graphics! Hopefully I can decide on a use until then :)
I'll give you credit for the graphics for sure.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Schorty wrote:Wow, those are looking really neat!

I'm quite torn on what to do with them. On the one hand, I would really like to use them, but I can't use them for all 3 tiers, because its "just" one color and I don't want to go through the pain of painting them again :D
But I also don't want to create a Tier 4 machine.

I'm honored, that you made these and am really looking forward to seeing the finished graphics! Hopefully I can decide on a use until then :)
I'll give you credit for the graphics for sure.
You can use tint to "color" them.
See GotLag's Reactor on how he colored the base steam engines blue and green.

Ofc coloring the sprites allows for keeping certain things silver like the fan blades.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

That sounds amazing! I have to try this out. Thanks for the hint :)

Return to “Mods”