[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

Type: Mod
Name: Air filtering
Description: Adds machines and extras to the game to reduce pollution
License: Beer-Ware License
Version: 0.8.2
Release: 2014-12-23
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.18.34 (Steam)
Category: Item
Tags: air, filter, pollution, green
Download-Url: Download
License
Long description
Pictures
Compatible Mod Versions with older Factorio Versions
Changelog
FAQ
P.S.: I want to give a shout-out to L0771, who helped me in my early stages of modding =)
Last edited by Schorty on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:26 am, edited 47 times in total.
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.8] Air Filtering

Post by G_glop »

Will it work on 11.6?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

It should, yes. Just try it out

*Edit*
Just tested. It works
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

Schorty wrote:It should, yes. Just try it out

*Edit*
Just tested. It works
Weeeee!
Now i don't need to build treewall around my base to contain polution
I'll use it it on my next world.
anotherImage

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Can see how many downloads have in dropbox?

G_glop wrote:Now i don't need to build treewall around my base to contain polution
:lol: tree wall, it is new, i like for a mod xd

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

L0771 wrote: :lol: tree wall, it is new, i like for a mod xd
#abusingtreefarmmod

I woud love some mo pollution mod.
like some difference between some carbon dioxide pollution and aromatic hydrocarbon like pollution(causes cancer!).
Otherwise aliens should attack burning forests, jump into vulcanos, and kill them self after evrything producing pollution was already destroyed :lol: .

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

I love the idea of this mod, and have been thinking of getting something like this, rather than abusing the treefarm mod to stick trees everywhere.
I am downloading now, I can't wait to get green!
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Nice to see, that there are some people using this =)
There might be some tweeks necessary. In my first testing game, I was pretty happy with the current settings, but maybe you guys see that from a different perspective ;)

CovertJaguar
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by CovertJaguar »

I like the mod, though in my opinion, the -40 pollution reduction is rather high. With Treefarm, coal is renewable which makes the cost of cleaning filters fairly cheap. I've reduced it to -10 for my setup (-0.05 emissions * power). Which makes it still useful, but not so overwhelmingly effective that you never need to worry about efficiency and pollution reduction (dytech) modules. But that's just my opinion, I always like things hard.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I was thinking about a reduction myself, but you cannot be sure, that everyone will use treefarm aswell ;)
Thanks for your opinion! =)

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Air Filtering

Post by Andrea88 »

Hi everyone!

I downloaded the mod and it nicely works. But i encoured a "bug".
My setup is an air filtering machine with an assembly machine next to it to automate the process of recycling filters. So i realized that the insertes won't put recycled filter into the air filtering machine in any way. I tried with/without chests, change inserters but nothing seems to get it works.

Any ideas?

Factorio 0.11.10 Experimental Version - mod version 0.1.0

Frostea
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Frostea »

Andrea88 wrote:Hi everyone!

I downloaded the mod and it nicely works. But i encoured a "bug".
My setup is an air filtering machine with an assembly machine next to it to automate the process of recycling filters. So i realized that the insertes won't put recycled filter into the air filtering machine in any way. I tried with/without chests, change inserters but nothing seems to get it works.

Any ideas?

Factorio 0.11.10 Experimental Version - mod version 0.1.0
It works fine for me.

Some thoughts on the balancing: cleaning filters should probably take much longer, like 4x the current speed. Since you can use assembly machine 3 along with speed mods, I think 4x is pretty generous.

I love the fact cleaning uses coal, since solar makes coal almost useless at the late game.

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Hi and thx for the reply :)

I put an assembly machine 2 and not the 3rd one. This could not be the problem. I'll try and then come back here.
For the speed, i increased the required energy from 100 to 200. It's not so bad for me.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Hi Andrea88,

I assume you tried a setup like this:

This works perfectly fine for me. As long as the recyler has enough coal and the air-filtering machine has some space for some more fresh air filters, it works. Maybe you used smart inserters and forgot to set the condition? Or the inserter is facing the wrong direction? If not, I would be glad if you could provide the savegame file =)

Greetings,
Schorty

Andrea88
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Andrea88 »

Hi Schorty!

Thx for your reply and i'm sorry for my delay :oops:

So... I really cant figure it out the reason why now it works. I'll let this image try to explain :mrgreen:

This is the setup i've forced to use:
http://prntscr.com/648v92

And this one is my 1.000 time i tried the setup in your image:
http://prntscr.com/648wds

The 2nd screen is exactly what i did the 1st time for my ideal setup but for some reason it didn't work.

Well, now it works as shown in the 1st screen (i didn't change anything in the game!) so..... :oops: any words xD

Thanks again for the support and have a nice factorio :D

ps. i had to use [url] cause [img] seemed not working for me. Of course i did something wrong lol

-----EDIT-----

I found the "problem"! Like other machines, air machine feels the things inside itself (i.e. for inserters-automated furnaces, dont put more iron ore if input slot has > 2 items) BUT it doesnt "update" the inventory when the user, i.e., pick up all items in the input slot.
So, we have a furnace with 100 unit of iron ore to smelt. Inserter will not put more iron until the quantity is < 2. Right? Well, if we take away the stack of iron from the input slot, the inserter will put in iron until it reach 2, because input is < 2.

Let's craft a stack (50) of filters and put them into input slot. Air machine starts its work and produces 2 obsolete filters after 2 cycles that, of course, go into assembly machine to be recycled.
I wanted to verify if these 2 machine work fine together so i picked up the remaining filters into the input slot of the air machine but the inserter did not put any recycled filter into air machine. And this is opposite considering the example of the iron stack above.

My habit was "input empty? Here you are 2 unit of what you need", says the inserter xD but this not works for air machine lol.

SO, FINALLY, i left a total of 5 filters and all works perfectly. I hope i explained.

See you next time!
Bye and thx again :D

ps. It was necessary to WAIT THE END of the process to see the inserter putting the recycled filter into air machine :lol:
-----END EDIT-----

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Glad to hear, that it now works as expected ;)

Yes, you got it right: The Air-Filter-Machine acts like a "normal" assembling machine. So inserters won't put anything into it, until the input slot is under a certain amount. This "certain amount" might be 2, but I'm not sure. It will also stop working, if the output slot is filled up. So make sure to remove the used air filters ;)

Have a nice day!

delfiler
Inserter
Inserter

Post by delfiler »

can i add your mod to my modpack, your mod does get credits and a link to the mod

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Sure, just go ahead!

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

I've updated this mod to something I think should be good :
  • Air filtering machine works like furnaces for recipes (no needs to indicate the recipe, simply put air filters directly inside)
  • Air filtering machine have more appropriate graphics and sounds
You can freely integrate the modifications I've put inside, simply credit me in Original Post.
Attachments
air-filtering_0.1.1.zip
(416.12 KiB) Downloaded 361 times

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

y.petremann wrote:I've updated this mod to something I think should be good :
  • Air filtering machine works like furnaces for recipes (no needs to indicate the recipe, simply put air filters directly inside)
  • Air filtering machine have more appropriate graphics and sounds
You can freely integrate the modifications I've put inside, simply credit me in Original Post.
Big thanks to you, man! I'll do so and add you to the author-section and mention you in the first post. This is cool =)

Return to “Mods”