[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Topics and discussion about specific mods
y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] Air Filtering

Post by y.petremann »

Schorty wrote:Big thanks to you, man! I'll do so and add you to the author-section and mention you in the first post. This is cool =)
Glad to hear that, but there is a problem, you used the google url shortener and it seems that it don't like you link, I think it should be better if you put it in your dropbox.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Fixed. Thanks for the notice!
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Schorty wrote:
y.petremann wrote:I've updated this mod to something I think should be good :
  • Air filtering machine works like furnaces for recipes (no needs to indicate the recipe, simply put air filters directly inside)
  • Air filtering machine have more appropriate graphics and sounds
You can freely integrate the modifications I've put inside, simply credit me in Original Post.
Big thanks to you, man! I'll do so and add you to the author-section and mention you in the first post. This is cool =)

:evil:
old game load (((

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Disassemble the buildings first, then put the new mod version in and rebuild them.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

Degraine wrote:Disassemble the buildings first, then put the new mod version in and rebuild them.

did not help sort out all of the building

still does not load.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

I've not seen this problem, maybe because of game differences between platfoms (I use a linux system).

I've made two versions that solve the problem, I don't know which version is better than the other, simply say which work the best :
air-filtering_0.1.1.zip
Version 1
(416.53 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
It force the update of the air filter machines to furnace (I've don't seen any errors) but that's possible it could crash.
air-filtering_0.1.1.zip
Version 2
(416.54 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
It force the update of the air filter machines to a depreciated version (with new graphics) that you need to destroy-replace to get the new version (the air filter machine would probably ask for a new recipe, and so it would be empty).

In all case, they are based on the same code, only the migration script differs, one of them could be used as definite version.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Newbie question here. What is the stats for this machine ? What is the radius ?
And let's say i use a machine (mining machine from mod) that produce 200 pollution. How the reduction is calculated ?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

waduk wrote:Newbie question here. What is the stats for this machine ? What is the radius ?
And let's say i use a machine (mining machine from mod) that produce 200 pollution. How the reduction is calculated ?

The air filter machines (afm) reduce the pollution in the Chunk where they are build. You can see the chunk borders, by activating the "Tile grid" option in the debug menu (press F4 in game). Every Tick, they will reduce the pollution by 40. So, for your example, you would need 5 afm to equilize the pollution. As a rule of thumb, you should place the afms in a circle around your pollution producing factories, the avoid the spread of pollution.
To answer the "radius" question: Directly, the afms reduce the pollution only in their chunk. But you have to concider the way pollution works. Pollution will spread from chunk to chunk. It will "flatten" across the land. So if you have a chunk with many afms, this chunk will act like a "pollution sink". Not all pollution will get cleaned though.

I hope this helps you a bit ;)

Greetings,
Schorty
Last edited by Schorty on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Thank you, helps a lot.
Last question, how to reduce the 40 ?
I want to alter it to lower value.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

You can ask as many questions as you like ;)

You can adjust the value in air-filtering_0.1.X/prototypes/entity.lua

Search for emissions. You'll see that it is set to -0.2. This is multiplied by the energy_usage (which is 200kw). -0.2 * 200 = -40 pollution. I don't think I have to explain the mathmatics behind this? :D
The key point is, that the emission is negative. Just change it to a value you like. Maybe I'll add a note in the initial post for adjusting this. This question occured at least twice.
Anyways, have fun!

Greetings,
Schorty

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Aaahhhh..so that's how it works ?
Basically you alter the generic assembler to have a negative emission ?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

That was the first version. y.petremann changed it to be a furnace, but yeah. That's the whole concept behind this ;)

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Schorty wrote:That was the first version. y.petremann changed it to be a furnace, but yeah. That's the whole concept behind this ;)
As developers said it, assembler and furnace are now based on the same thing, it only change the way it works (automatic furnace way or recipt selection based way), the fact that you put fuel is completely independent (you can have a burner assembler) So their energy usage are the same for the same recipe.

With my last post, I've also updated the mod to allow migration from the old one...

Captain NeL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Captain NeL »

Yo-ho-ho, Schorty! I have modified your mod.
-Another icons
-Tier 2 and Tier 3 machines
-More technology
-Russian locale
But this is not finished. I made a few mistakes and deleted upload.
What about modules? Would they be useful?
screenshots
Last edited by Captain NeL on Fri May 22, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Devildog
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Devildog »

One downsides of : 0.1.1 (current)

It causes the game to crash on games currently using the older version.
It also crash the game when you destroy all existence of air filtering on current map and still crash.

Game Version 0.11.12
Check Out Factorio Mod Madness 2.0 Here : http://bit.ly/1afTDl0
Mod Madness ModPack

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Devildog wrote:One downsides of : 0.1.1 (current)

It causes the game to crash on games currently using the older version.
It also crash the game when you destroy all existence of air filtering on current map and still crash.

Game Version 0.11.12
Back some times ago I've put a version 2 of the mod that would probably solved the problem:
Original message
y.petremann wrote:I've not seen this problem, maybe because of game differences between platfoms (I use a linux system).

I've made two versions that solve the problem, I don't know which version is better than the other, simply say which work the best :
Version 1
It force the update of the air filter machines to furnace (I've don't seen any errors) but that's possible it could crash.
Version 2
It force the update of the air filter machines to a depreciated version (with new graphics) that you need to destroy-replace to get the new version (the air filter machine would probably ask for a new recipe, and so it would be empty).

In all case, they are based on the same code, only the migration script differs, one of them could be used as definite version.
The problem is that schorty or anybody didn't reported something about my version 2 which for me would be a better option than the version 1.
Be careful, you can use one of them but never use them one after the other

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Sorry guys for not responding here anymore..

Thanks, y.petreman for uploading a second version with the migration. I took this version so everyone who downloads the current version of this mod will download your V2 :)

Captain NeL wrote:Yo-ho-ho, Schorty! I have modified your mod.
-Another icons
-Tier 2 and Tier 3 machines
-More technology
-Russian locale
But this is not finished. I made a few mistakes and deleted upload.
What about modules? Would they be useful?
[...]
Ahoi Captain!

Your modifications look pretty good. I don't know if those Tier2/3 machines wouldn't make this thing a bit unbalanced, but I would give it a shot. Also the new icons look really nice! Could you provide a link to download it? At the very least I would integrate those new Icons and the locale file :)

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

Will this be updated to 0.12? Been using this excessively with treefarm to produce the coal. Very effective.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

I'm happy to announce, that my mod is now 0.12 compatible \o/

Happy air filtering!

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Air Filtering

Post by Wyrm »

Yay! If I ever get around to it, I'll get to that integration mod that allows you to use activated charcoal instead of coal for the filters!

Return to “Mods”