Can't start savegame with Infinity Mode mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Sargas
Inserter
Inserter

Can't start savegame with Infinity Mode mod

Post by Sargas »

Hello, I downloaded and installed the mod "Infinity Mode". When I wanted to start a savegame for which I was already using the "Creative Mode" mod, I got the error message on the attached screenshot. Even after deactivating all mods except the "Infinity Mode" mod the error occurred.

How can I use the Infinity Mod? Maybe I forgot something?

Thank you

Sargas
Attachments
Error message Infinity Mode_2019-08-16.jpg
Error message Infinity Mode_2019-08-16.jpg (174.61 KiB) Viewed 1407 times

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't start savegame with Infinity Mode mod

Post by slippycheeze »

Sargas wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pm
How can I use the Infinity Mod? Maybe I forgot something?
This is a bug in Infinity Mode. You should probably post it to the discussion board on the mod portal, since Raiguard will have to fix it.

Sargas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sargas »

Good idea. I will do that. Thanks.

Sargas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sargas »

My thread in the mod portal has been trashed and I don't know why. Is there a possibility to send the creator of the mod a mail? In the mod portal you can't private messages to the best of my knowledge.

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

Sargas wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:37 pm
My thread in the mod portal has been trashed and I don't know why. Is there a possibility to send the creator of the mod a mail? In the mod portal you can't private messages to the best of my knowledge.
If the post was reasonable -- as in, what you said here -- then my best guess would be that the bug was fixed, and raiguard didn't feel the need to keep a thread around that'll have no ongoing value. I mean, once the crash is fixed, nobody benefits much from knowing an old version crashed.

Anyway, in my experience it probably isn't worth the effort trying to do that, even if it is possible. You might try the Factorio (official) discord server, though, if you wanted to check in with them. If you can still repro with the latest version, and no other mods, then I'd certainly encourage you to give discord a shot for reporting it, or at least finding out what else was needed to get it fixed.

uh, or maybe find the stdlib author and ask them. I assumed the crash was in infinity-mode, and the stdlib part was just how it was using that code, but who knows, maybe a bug there.

Anyway, direct answer: I have no idea how you would write a private message to raiguard about this.

Return to “Mods”