[MOD 0.11.X] AlphaMod - Advanced Fluid Handling

Topics and discussion about specific mods
LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.X] AlphaMod - Advanced Fluid Handling

Post by LordFedora »

electric boilers are for solar backup systems, not for main power

you can store hot water, and it's more square efficient for storing power then an accumulator

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Problem?

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

As have been told electric boilers, should be inefficient, you can use them for solar power heating and store water, i hope that in future factorio stuff or some modders will start requireing heat liquid for some recipes and there electric boiler will be more usefull than normal.
katalex wrote:Image
Problem?
Thanks, it should be fixed now in all download links

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

I downloaded your last version...

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Hmm sorry for your troubles, looks like trying generate fixed pipes from other mods pipes was bad idea, i reverted that so it should work for you, but if you will get any more error can you please give me list of mods that you are using?

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by katalex »

Your mode and Dytech modes are incompatibility. Exactly Dytech Metallurgy. I used method of exclusion. ;)
Last edited by katalex on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

G_glop
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by G_glop »

Maybe istead of trying to genereate fixed pipes from other mods, maybe just overwrite the mod's pipes with fixed ones.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

katalex wrote:Your mode and Dytech modes are incompatibility. Exactly Dytech Metallurgy. I used method of exclusion. ;)
Thanks i was able to reproduce same errors, and until (if) I figure out how to make it compatible i removed that generating part of my mod so you can download my mod and it should work with DyTech Metallurgy
G_glop wrote:Maybe istead of trying to genereate fixed pipes from other mods, maybe just overwrite the mod's pipes with fixed ones.
Problem is that to replace i need to create the fixed pipes and that was what were crashing game while loading, plus not everyone would like to have the pipe replaced (even i preffer using normal pipes and use fixed pipes only when they are needed just because is easier). Now when i know how to reproduce errors i will try if there is way make it compatible, but meanwhile it will not generate fixed pipes from other mods.

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

I finnished first part of drone, so i just released version 0.1.2, now i will look to that dytech compatibility, then i will add some hangar or something and another restrictions for drone

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

So i fixed compatibility with DyTech-Metallurgy, game start pipes works, but there is one little problem that i dont know how to fix because DyTech Mainpipe missing (or doing some magic that is hase somewhere else) pipe_covers so until you connect fixed pipes generated from mainpipe it looks strange. If any othre problem appear (with any other mod) please tell me i will try to fix it too :]

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

That drone is awesome! :D
Originally i was just browsing your code on github (after readening in moding help) when i stumbled upon player/drone.lua
After immediatly downloading and testing it: It's exactly what i hoped it to be ;)
Further restrictions for the drone: time before batteries run out? Requires e.g. flying robot frame in inventory to be used, you lose it when time runs out and the drone is too high/ and/or too far from the player?

I'm definitely going to use the mod when i have enough of modding and finally start playing again

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Well main idea is look over to your factory because i miss free camera and onclick movement for player.
What i think i am going to do is
  • Requirement have drone item in inventory
  • After flight drone will have to recharge over some time
  • Destoy after OOR
  • You can build "hangar" that will let you use dron unlimited when you are in range
Right now i started challenge map with friend (no belt no robots just trains) so i dont work much on mod, but I will finnish it Soon

tomcat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tomcat »

Currently as a Tank is replaced the "new" tank is the enemy faction and cant be rotated or mined. (made a github bugreport too)
alphamod bug enemytanks.png
alphamod bug enemytanks.png (3.94 MiB) Viewed 7323 times

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Fixed for all newly created entity, thanks for report.

Mod development is currently stopped (i dont have much time right now), but this involve only adding new features, any bugs will be fixed. But please report them on github that will notify me on mail.
If anyone wanna continue with this mod, can. I am sure that i will figure out how to give out right for github repository, if anyone is interested.

15Cyndaquil
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 15Cyndaquil »

I don't know if you know this or not but since you are asking for suggestions I will put one out there, I have been playing multiplayer with my friend recently and we have been using mods and we would love to have your mod with our map but when ever we use the mod and craft items for it after a while it crashes saying that your mod is only for use with one player any way to fix this would be much appreciated.
The more complicated the game the better

neothehitman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neothehitman »

hey man i tryed everything to get this mod to work even rebuilding the Rar file but it gives me this error when i just use your file:
or it's not showing up ad all
dus this mod need to be updated or is there something els going on hope on a reply as im really interested on using this mod

gr
neo

Trev_lite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Trev_lite »

I am having an error with this mod. It crashes when i try to use the exploration drone.

https://github.com/Kioshi/Factorio-Alphamod/issues/2

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

neothehitman wrote:...
Hi, little late but please try extract folder from zip.
Trev_lite wrote:I am having an error with this mod. It crashes when i try to use the exploration drone.

https://github.com/Kioshi/Factorio-Alphamod/issues/2
I will look into it, looks like api has been changed since working version.

neothehitman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by neothehitman »

Kexík wrote:
neothehitman wrote:...
Hi, little late but please try extract folder from zip.

cool
i extracted it and then extracted the folder AlphaMod_0.1.2 and .gitignore it's not showing up in the mod list but it did show up the stuff in the map editer so i beleave it works cool now i can check it all out thx bro will report back when i checked it 8-)

Kexík
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kexík »

Zoom issue should be resolved.

Return to “Mods”