Smart Modpack [0.11.5] MP Compatible

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Smart Modpack [0.11.5] MP Compatible

Post by Degraine »

You're lucky that Factorio's modding scene is a lot more relaxed than Minecraft's, that's all I'll say.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Degraine wrote:You're lucky that Factorio's modding scene is a lot more relaxed than Minecraft's, that's all I'll say.
I know , but if you want , i can delete the Link for the ModPack.
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I'm not bothered by you putting my mod in the pack, but it might be a good idea to get everyone's permission, just as a matter of courtesy.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

Degraine wrote:I'm not bothered by you putting my mod in the pack, but it might be a good idea to get everyone's permission, just as a matter of courtesy.
The Problem is Most of moders are not here anymore or are not available for the moment.

If i ask them , i need to wait like 1 Month or 2 for an Answer.
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Fair point. I suppose the other thing to do is check the licences of mods. If they have a compatible licence that permits redistribution, you're clear.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Degraine wrote:Fair point. I suppose the other thing to do is check the licences of mods. If they have a compatible licence that permits redistribution, you're clear.

If any mod has something against it then he should post it here and we will delet his mod out of the List here and finish

The thing is that its Promotion for moders :D
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

gigagames
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gigagames »

berni1212 wrote:
gigagames wrote:Sry if sombody ask it i doint have read all ^^
Did you have ask the Mods maker If its ok for them if you make a Modpack ?

Its like a Normal List Every Mod Owner is Linked and we don't change any Content of the Mods that means its like a show of the mods what we use with an Download if u don't want to download every mod your own
Its like a Picture you found on google. The people wo made it have the Copyright and you not allowed to use it (if he say yes you allowed) but if you use it and he see it you in violation of the law!
That the same whit Mods the makers have the Copyright

Sry for bad english

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

gigagames wrote:
berni1212 wrote:
gigagames wrote:Sry if sombody ask it i doint have read all ^^
Did you have ask the Mods maker If its ok for them if you make a Modpack ?

Its like a Normal List Every Mod Owner is Linked and we don't change any Content of the Mods that means its like a show of the mods what we use with an Download if u don't want to download every mod your own
Its like a Picture you found on google. The people wo made it have the Copyright and you not allowed to use it (if he say yes you allowed) but if you use it and he see it you in violation of the law!
That the same whit Mods the makers have the Copyright

Sry for bad english

Just 1 Spimple thing IF AN ADMIN WRITES HERE AND SAY WE SHOULD DELETE IT THEN FINISH ! WE DoN'T OWN ANY COPPY RIGHT ON HERE WE DON'T EARN MONEY FOR IT AND EVERYTHING ELSE ITS JUST DO SHOW PEOPLE THAT WE USE THIS MODS THAT U CAn USE THEM IN MP AND U DON'T NEEd TO INSTALL I IF U DON'T WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Its Just annyoing Whats wrong if we show it !? NO ADMIN OR MOD OWNER sayed something against it ! There a much more things what are more against Copyright also whats Wrong with it.!

If u want to Cry Write to an admin and they should delete it and finish but STOP F****** CRYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Boldar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Boldar »

Hi,
i tried to use tis modpack in Singleplayer (at gameversion 0.11.5), but i can't find any Ruby. I see those Crystal formations lying around, but how do i get Ruby? I increased the speed via Console and explored quite a bit of the map, and found tons of iron, copper, rutile, gold, tungsten, tin, zinc, crystal formations etc, but no ruby, even after researching Gemstone Processing. Should there be Ruby lying around or am i missing something (And no, I did not turn it off. I even started a new map to check, and no Ruby there) I can't even mine the crystal formations because the miner needs Ruby for crafting. So i can't find a way to craft the better Lasertowers.
Also i have troubles finding any documentation about any of the mods. Am i just missing it or is there nothing?
lg Boldar

elmi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by elmi »

As far as I can remember, you need to process the biter body parts
Google translater ftw ^^

Logistic mod
Better electric pole mod

Boldar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Boldar »

And you tell me that NOW?
No, seriously, thank you much, but this mods really need some documentation...
I found the recipe, but it was somehow labeled "missing-key-xxx", so i overlooked it.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

All the mods have documentation on their forum threads, though the quality may vary. Most of the mods I've used have a text file inside the zip too, though it's not a guaranteed thing.

berni: there's no need to act like an arsehole, people are pointing out an entirely valid criticism of what you're doing. Courtesy is important, and asking forgiveness instead of permission isn't going to win you any friends. Having seen what happened in the Minecraft modding scene with modpacks and copyright debates, I can assure you courtesy and good faith are especially important in a modding community where people are working for nothing. So don't tell other people to 'stop crying'.

Boldar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Boldar »

Degraine wrote:All the mods have documentation on their forum threads, though the quality may vary. Most of the mods I've used have a text file inside the zip too, though it's not a guaranteed thing.
Thanks, i will look into it.
Degraine wrote: berni: there's no need to act like an arsehole, people are pointing out an entirely valid criticism of what you're doing. Courtesy is important, and asking forgiveness instead of permission isn't going to win you any friends. Having seen what happened in the Minecraft modding scene with modpacks and copyright debates, I can assure you courtesy and good faith are especially important in a modding community where people are working for nothing. So don't tell other people to 'stop crying'.
Full acknowledge.
I am a Mod Developer myself (for another game) and my line was crossed when i found out that someone was actually trying to mak money (via ad-heavy referral links) with the mods i wrote (and spend many, many hours into) and distributed for free (and even paid for a private fullspeed, ad-free hosting), and he got pissed when i told him to stop.
But other Mod Developers might have other opinions, and if a Modder doesn't want his mod to be in such a pack, that should be respected instead of crying, and generally permission should be asked for before and not after.
I mean, the Situation is that Modders spend hundreds of hours into a project, and then someone packs it into a zip and gets all the attention.
That is nothing personal against the OP, and i am thankfull for the pack to exist, but he should really ask for permissions and respect them.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

The thing is that if some Moder writes here he don't want his mod Showed here then he just need to say it and we will delet it for him there is no Problem on it :)

We have all the Credits and links to the Modder we don't want to have all the Attension but we want to schow that we use this mods and with this Version u can play MP :))

we don't want to Earn money or something else from it its just a Fanmade of all the mods

We are sorry if some of the Modder thing we try to Steal them
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Boldar
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Boldar »

But thats the whole point - i think it should be your responsibility to ask the modders (or look at their license, if they have one). You cannot expect the modders to go through every forum post to see if someone is redistributing. Thats like going naked in public and saying "well, noone complained".
If you violate a Copyright, it is illegal no matter if someone complains or not. In fact, when you get a legal notice about a Copyright Infringement, it is already too late.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

the thing is that too ask somemoders you need/must wait for some of then 2-5 Months
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Please read this article
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=5&t=7371
and discuss, if wanted!
Thank you.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Please remove my mod from the list

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Smartmodpack Reopen [11.5] MP Compatible

Post by berni1212 »

Hello Guys

Today i will give you the Modpack that me and AlphaRaptor010 are using.
A complete List with download links too

Current Mods
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Return to “Mods”