Post by cpy »

I tried this mod and it was hell of a confusion for me. :D

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.5

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:Updoot! Yay. :)
Will transition to this version over the next few days, depending on workload.
Looking forward to the collection improvements :D
I think all my versions are only delete last version, paste new version, without problem i hope ¬¬
cpy wrote:I tried this mod and it was hell of a confusion for me. :D
It is what I try

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

It is a pretty different experience from stock, though not nearly as out there as Hardcorio.
Pollution is far more important to manage now, both because it calls in the enemies that you need to kill (both to level and to farm for blood) as well as greatly increasing the output of your miners.
After L10 miners, the problem becomes "How do I manage this output flow?", followed very quickly by "How do I sort this much at that speed??" because not even express belts will carry the output away fast enough. Personally, I'm looking into a localized/separated logistic port for a fleet of bots to do little else than sort the output box into it's surrounding requester chests that lead to an outflow/transferring area to enter my main logistic network/base. Thing is, the mine takes quite a bit of time to grow to a decent level, requires this new infrastructure directly around it, the mine resets when it's redeployed, and wherever you put it is going to come under attack very quickly and heavily, due to the amount of pollution needed to make the mines a worthy investment. (L12/13 has ~20 power and ~20 speed, with at least a 20x20 area. 1 could mine all of the initial resource fields of most starting areas, by itself, in an hour, assuming no overload, and no devolve.)
Honestly, I think the range grows too quickly, but I also think that some/half of the levels gained should be retained when it's rebuilt.
On the other hand, there's no using productivity modules. Dunno if beacons work with them, so maybe no modules at all.

I'm very thankful for the great start that has my flanks covered in water, and only have to worry about attacks from about 1/2 my perimeter.
Makes the MK2 cursed tree farms a lot more bearable.
Sadly, the large amount and frequency of attacks has forced me to conceed to building some solar installations, due to a limited, though not by any means small, supply of coal for fuel (and I barred the cokery off to myself for being as easy to cheese as solar panels.)

Personally, I think the bow and defense stats might need a looking at. The bow levels off of all damage done in range, meaning turrets will build up the damage as well. Considering how slow and weak the bow is, I don't think this is a bad thing at all. Defense on the other hand, is nearly impossible to train after the 1st evolution level, due to the cursed armor never gaining damage resistances (that I've seen up to level 50+) and taking shield damage doesn't train the skill either.

And, last feedback for the night is that skills/experience still isn't transferrable between saves (or there's no documented way of doing it.) There used to be, but the commands no longer export useful info separate from all other scripts, meaning that all values other scripts store in the variables file will be exported as well.

Well, semi-off-topic rant over.
Good luck gaming, and if there's any more issues, hopefully someone less ranty than I can answer for ya! :P
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

I think it factorio is a game of evolution against pollution (pollution = enemy evolution), but with a BIG base, with solar pannels and accumulators, i never had problems, i try to give this problems with lore-friendly (a bit xD)
I don't know how to work pollution/work in mining drills, i don't know if pollution only work if the mining drill is working, but in this way if you have a production of pollution for a mining drill lvl 10 and this resources were finished, now have a problem with pollution :)

The drill is in revision, i'll consider all what you said, maybe i'll create all values with a function with lower values, the low levels are very easier and have better drills than default drills.
I can't know when destroy a drill and 30 min late build the "same" drill, maybe can deconstruct the mine via GUI and save the level or a part, and when you want rebuild, can set "i want rebuild"... and give the level to next drill you build... ?

A big point are "modules" in mining drill... and is a problem... i'll can take old modules and give this for the next level, but if lvl 5 have 2 slots and lvl 6 have 3, if mine are regressed from 6 to 5, 1 module is lost, and i can't delete all modules if a mine lvl 20 with 5 slots (an example) are regressed to lvl 1 without slot.
I thinking about "modules" on GUI, i have all drills saved and can show on gui without problem, with a button can "buy" modules for this mine and set what module you want... But i can't use default modules, i thinking about get free resources, like 1 iron every 10 sec, if you use 5 point on it, can take 1 iron every 2 sec free (you know my mod, obviously it will be compatible with all mods), and can save the modules if can "move" the drill.

i have a problem with bow, the ammo is unlimited, if you only count the basic bitters, the small bitter can be killed with 3 hits at beginning (at Range lvl 2-3 you can kill with only 2 hits), but bow scale with Bow upgrade (tier 2) and with Range's stat, at last-game 1 hit can kill a bit bitter, veeeeery last-game 1 hit can kill the largest bitter of Dytech (XD), but is slow, it isn't a gun, basically is a extension of your arm :P upgrading the bow, upgrades range and attack-speed.
You think the bow must be faster?

export module must work right with 2-3 changes, but have a problem with multiplayer, next update i'll finish this :)

Thanks for feedback, if i don't answer a important point, please tell me, i'm a human, i don't speak english and for this, i get bored to read, and read for part jeje

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well, probably my biggest complaint with the drills (and these are all very minor complaints I've listed, btw) was that the range of it grows so quickly that after a few levels you're forced to run all output through a sorting station if the patch of ore is even sort of close to any other patch. Considering how high they *could* evolve, I'm more than happy not investing more than 10 talent points into it.
I wouldn't put much effort into the modules thing. It's a reasonable drawback considering the speed.
And speaking of speed, how the heck am I supposed to deal with an ore output that's higher than a blue belt can move? Perhaps the miner should be outputting to different spots when the output gets fast enough? Or maybe it should always be outputting to more than one spot.
I think that it would be reasonable enough to have the mines be deconstructed via GUI, and have the GUI issue out each miner when requested. I actually spent some time looking around the menu for such an option when the time came to move my first drill.

Regarding the bow: As far as I have been able to tell, the speed depends only on the talent points, and the damage on only the experience. Perhaps this was changed in the last version? (Which I can't switch to mid-game, as it crashed anytime I opened the cursed menu.)
Damage is easy to grind if you want to sit at a turret farm taking credit for damage done, but it is Very slow to increase after a couple levels if you don't. Speed on the other hand grows at a Much slower pace, even if the speed increase wasn't so shallow until the very high levels. Because of the slow speed, even if I wanted to spend every single talent point on the bow (and I really don't) I still wouldn't be able to deal with more than a small handful of biters/spitters at a time until I got shielding or exoskeletons. The top end is fine, and should be high enough to justify all the talent points/experience it takes to get there, but the low end is so low that I don't even bother with the bow if I want to be offensive in the early or mid game, which makes it even worse, since that means no experience for damage.

Looking forward to a persistent set of stats. I think if that was the default behavior, most of these low-level problems wouldn't be problems, since you wouldn't have to get past that point every game.

As I said before, these are very minor problems, and you should probably put your efforts to other projects you're working on.
In either case, glad to be of service, and hopefully you don't mind the walls of text I generate too much. It's hard to give useful suggestions that are accurate, and still have them be short.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

QuiglezGaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by QuiglezGaming »

okay, i was running cursed xp v1.3 for a while, i ran into a problem where after a few minutes after loading a save, my save would crash giving me an error. so, i tried updating to v1.5, i would load a save, hear the beeps, of "your getting killed" and factorio would crash. i then updated treefarm AC, that then resulted in not being able to launch the game at all. so i switched to treefarm lite, and im back to my game crashing. help please?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Something I've noticed seems to stave off the crashing is to periodically use the delete all bloods command.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.6

Post by L0771 »

QuiglezGaming wrote:okay, i was running cursed xp v1.3 for a while, i ran into a problem where after a few minutes after loading a save, my save would crash giving me an error. so, i tried updating to v1.5, i would load a save, hear the beeps, of "your getting killed" and factorio would crash. i then updated treefarm AC, that then resulted in not being able to launch the game at all. so i switched to treefarm lite, and im back to my game crashing. help please?
what is your factorio version?
Treefarm-AC require Treefarm-Lite, and this both require factorio 0.11.13
The only problem i think if starts a new map with cursed and Treefarm-Lite, because i forget to add seed with this mod, but this don't gives a error, only the planted trees don't grow.
n9103 wrote:Something I've noticed seems to stave off the crashing is to periodically use the delete all bloods command.
I don't know why is this.
I only know is some bitters die on her bases, but the blood must be deleted after 1 minute, this shouldn't be a problem...

Sorry for don't respond, i read the forum all days :|

EDIT:
Updated
v0.1.6
I should add, this is my error, i forget add this on last version...

Have a problem with Treefarm-lite with cursed gui, but is a little problem, if really need this now, can change control.lua on line 112 of Treefarm-lite version 0.1.1 for this
if glob.tf.playersData[event.element.playerindex].guiOpened and glob.tf.playersData[event.element.playerindex].guiOpened.equals(field.entity) then
But this only solve the problem with clicking cursed gui, i don't know about secondary effects
without problem

QuiglezGaming
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.6

Post by QuiglezGaming »

L0771 wrote:
QuiglezGaming wrote:okay, i was running cursed xp v1.3 for a while, i ran into a problem where after a few minutes after loading a save, my save would crash giving me an error. so, i tried updating to v1.5, i would load a save, hear the beeps, of "your getting killed" and factorio would crash. i then updated treefarm AC, that then resulted in not being able to launch the game at all. so i switched to treefarm lite, and im back to my game crashing. help please?
what is your factorio version?
Treefarm-AC require Treefarm-Lite, and this both require factorio 0.11.13
The only problem i think if starts a new map with cursed and Treefarm-Lite, because i forget to add seed with this mod, but this don't gives a error, only the planted trees don't grow.
n9103 wrote:Something I've noticed seems to stave off the crashing is to periodically use the delete all bloods command.
I don't know why is this.
I only know is some bitters die on her bases, but the blood must be deleted after 1 minute, this shouldn't be a problem...

Sorry for don't respond, i read the forum all days :|

EDIT:
Updated
v0.1.6
I should add, this is my error, i forget add this on last version...

okay, so i updated cursed exp and treefarm, and im now getting this error "Unknown key:"Error while running the onload: __Cursed-Exp__\control.lua:2241: Error when running interface function treefarm_interface.addSeed: __Treefarm-Lite__\interfaces.lua:10: attempt to index local 'seedInfo' (a nil value)""

Have a problem with Treefarm-lite with cursed gui, but is a little problem, if really need this now, can change control.lua on line 112 of Treefarm-lite version 0.1.1 for this
if glob.tf.playersData[event.element.playerindex].guiOpened and glob.tf.playersData[event.element.playerindex].guiOpened.equals(field.entity) then
But this only solve the problem with clicking cursed gui, i don't know about secondary effects
without problem

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.6

Post by L0771 »

QuiglezGaming wrote:okay, so i updated cursed exp and treefarm, and im now getting this error "Unknown key:"Error while running the onload: __Cursed-Exp__\control.lua:2241: Error when running interface function treefarm_interface.addSeed: __Treefarm-Lite__\interfaces.lua:10: attempt to index local 'seedInfo' (a nil value)""
TY, i think this works now.

If you put seeds and this don't grow, use this option (changed to Reset Cursed Tree after screenshot XD)

Update
v0.1.7

sacrifice025
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.7

Post by sacrifice025 »

challenge accepted *puts on sunglasses* i will post somewhere next week how it went i never touched your mod lets change that ^-^

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.8

Post by L0771 »

sacrifice025 wrote:challenge accepted *puts on sunglasses* i will post somewhere next week how it went i never touched your mod lets change that ^-^
mmm what? sorry, i don't speak english, and i have some problems reading :p

Update with darkshadow1809 helps
v0.1.8

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.8

Post by n9103 »

I speak it natively and I still wasn't sure what they were saying :P

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.8

Post by flexoleonhart »

Hi. I've some problems with Exp. Can't get any exp with bow. Trying 2 or more new games with some mods. Also I can't build mines. I think limit buildings same to mines and turrets. That's why I can't build more then 1 building (I get 2 talents of 3 tie. buy 1 mine and 1 turret, but can place only 1 of them)

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.5+] Cursed Exp - v0.1.9

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:Hi. I've some problems with Exp. Can't get any exp with bow. Trying 2 or more new games with some mods. Also I can't build mines. I think limit buildings same to mines and turrets. That's why I can't build more then 1 building (I get 2 talents of 3 tie. buy 1 mine and 1 turret, but can place only 1 of them)
you can build 11 mines and 11 turrets, you need upgrade mines and turrets to build more than 2.
Update v0.1.9
flexoleonhart wrote:Hi. I've some problems with Exp. Can't get any exp with bow. Trying 2 or more new games with some mods. Also I can't build mines. I think limit buildings same to mines and turrets. That's why I can't build more then 1 building (I get 2 talents of 3 tie. buy 1 mine and 1 turret, but can place only 1 of them)
:O that is so advanced for you (?

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

L0771 wrote:you can build 11 mines and 11 turrets, you need upgrade mines and turrets to build more than 2.
For the begining i need 1 mine and 1 turret. i get 1 point in talent "Build mine" and 1 point in talent "build turret" fot it. Righit? When i done it, i place first turret. and next i trying place first mine. Game wrote me: "Cursed: need minimum 1 mine". But i have 1 of 2 point talent "buid mine"

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

the only way to to show this message is pressing this button when you haven't mines builded
+
you are doing this?
+
sorry, i'm trying with other program for take screenshots, but i can't edit :/

If you haven't the item of mining-drill, try add this manually with
/c game.player.insert({name="cursed-drill-1",count=1})
no problem with this code, can't have more drills if don't edit the code

And please tell me which mods are you using, maybe is a compatibility bug.

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

Yes. That's right. I think it's bug.
Now i'm using supermodpack. Before i used my own mods. (Yuki's mod we can exclude)

And yes. I like your mod. And have some ideas:
- in mod preset body armor with slots. can you add some MODs to armor, that can be added inside (like a shield, hp regen mod exemple)?
- mining stat not actual in middle and end of the game. it can be reworked as a part of mines - exm. bonus mining speed to all mines and it obtain exp from cursed mines and from your own.
- i saw option "build wall" - want want want!!! regenerative walls, that gain exp from damage that thay had. resource can be blood.
- i think need rework system with damage. fisrt wave that atacked me had at least 8 mobs... bow have no damage and range. turret have no damage and range. to lvl up them need more talents...it's boring and i think it change nothing. I suggest to disable lvl limit by talent. talents may upgade range of turrets, or damage resist or damage done.

i can update if you liked my ideas

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

flexoleonhart wrote:Yes. That's right. I think it's bug.
Now i'm using supermodpack
I can't use hardcorio, for this i can't test all modpack :p but i'll solve this for the next week.

flexoleonhart wrote:- in mod preset body armor with slots. can you add some MODs to armor, that can be added inside (like a shield, hp regen mod exemple)?
I don't like mods with same caracteristics, and for this you have AdvancedEquipment, those stats are right, i've calculed the lvl of cursed armor with this, a cursed armor level 75 is like Advanced body armor mk2, in cursed can have better items than all, but are really expensive.
flexoleonhart wrote:- mining stat not actual in middle and end of the game. it can be reworked as a part of mines - exm. bonus mining speed to all mines and it obtain exp from cursed mines and from your own.
I like this idea, maybe for the next version i add a part of bonus experience for all mines depending of mining level. I can't give a bonus of speed, area or whatever, i can't edit the entity with the game started, for this i've created 50 differents entities, i delete and rebuild every mine with every upgrade or downgrade, but no one can see this ;)
flexoleonhart wrote:- i saw option "build wall" - want want want!!! regenerative walls, that gain exp from damage that thay had. resource can be blood.
i'm sorry but i've created the wall , it work, from level 1 to 2 (lol), but from level 2 this loses exp every second and never can upgrade to lvl 3 (i think i've created 50 entities, i've never seen level 3 XD), maybe for the next week too, need some days in the wall, but for what i've tested, this is immortal mass if you gives resources, i don't know, but maybe can destroy a little segment for 3 seconds if destroy all the wall faster than mass move (is really faster)
And work with "living-mass", i've created with pipes for now (you can't connect this with normal pipes, but works same) you can test this writing
/c game.player.insert({name="cursed-wall-base",count=1})
need build and go to gui for "configure", i have problems with T, L and X segments, i need a lot of comparations via code, if in the proximities of every wall exists other wall and create other pipe, every base works alone for now, but imagine if you have all your base with cursed wall, and only receive attacks from 2 sides, all mass from all wall must be connected for transport the mass from all the wall to this 2 sides, i only need connect walls for this and the factorio's pipes do all work for me :)
flexoleonhart wrote:- i think need rework system with damage. fisrt wave that atacked me had at least 8 mobs... bow have no damage and range. turret have no damage and range. to lvl up them need more talents...it's boring and i think it change nothing. I suggest to disable lvl limit by talent. talents may upgade range of turrets, or damage resist or damage done.
this is the same problem than mining drills, i can't modify the entity, maybe can change the attackspeed, is really low now, but the idea of cursed defense is set a tower and some basic defense closed, if the turret upgrades, have more damage than all, the same happen with the bow (and bow haven't limit of damage with range stat), but maybe can change the attack speed, only need do the animation faster.

If you see in folder, must find a lot of entities not implemented yet XD
thanks for ideas, i really appreciate every post.

Azulius
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Azulius »

i am not getting bow xp.

this error happened when: blood was traveling to only blood tank, then i placed another blood tank closer , so blood changed direction to new one. 1 puddle got into tank as 0.6 and second one caused crash
Attachments
bug report
bug report
factorio bug.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 7142 times

Return to “Mods”